Endless Silence

CHAPTER 37 - Endless Silence

Elizabeth's POV

I kept playing as I felt the strings from my violin sting my fingers. I knew that they were already cut by now, as the scent of my own blood hung in the room. I had been playing for countless hours, after all.

The sweet melody of Presto from Vivaldi's Four Seasons, Summer, filled the room. My fingers worked rapidly on the strings as my arm brought the bow up and down, creating a beautiful symphony. It seemed that music soothed me, and focussing on something kept my mind in one place.

I had my eyes closed, my breathing was steady. And finally, I felt at least somewhat peaceful. I kept my mind focused on the melody, trying to distract myself. Although I soon enough breathed deeply, forcing myself not to hiss as I heard someone entering the music room, quietly. I kept my eyes closed as I kept playing, ignoring whoever it was.

I then heard another set of footsteps, and as they came close, their scent filled the room. A sweet spicy scent, followed by a light scent of sulphur. And in a heartbeat, I knew whom they belonged too. Sophia and Nyx. Those two have been awfully close lately. Every time I see one of them, the other follows right behind. I thought as I kept playing.

As my mood changed, so did the song, and before I knew it, I was playing Montagues & Capulets from Shakespeare's Romeo & Juliet. I heard as they came closer, and soon enough they were already standing in front of me. Although I still didn't bother to look at them, as I kept my eyes closed, praying that they would realise my shitty mood and turn away, walking as far away from me as they could.

"Beth." Sophia called me, making me clench my jaw as I ignored her.

Suddenly I felt my violin being ripped away from my hands, and I immediately opened my eyes and looked up, bleeding mad as my eyes stung, getting their vampiric blue, only to find a very anxious Demon.

"Did you just take my Stradivarius? Are you out of your bloody mind? This violin is worth more than 15 million dollars!" I almost shouted.

Of all my instruments, this one was definitely my favourite. It belonged to my mother, who had personally received it from Antonio Stradivari himself, who had been her close friend, as a gift. And I absolutely loved it, the Stradivarius was beyond comparison when it came to its sound, and this one was very special to me.

Nyx just rolled her eyes, and gave it back to me, without saying a word. I took it back, and inspected it thoroughly, looking for scratches. It was a miracle that I had found it untouched when I went back to my fallen shelter, I didn't need anyone to damage it.

"It's not like I broke it or anything." She said, shrugging her shoulders. I just hissed back at her, baring my fangs.

"Come on, we need to talk to you." She said, ignoring my aggressiveness towards her. I sighed, with an eye roll and carefully put my violin back in its glass case.

"So talk." I said, sitting back down on the sofa, and crossing my legs as I looked nonchalantly back at her.

"Not here." Sophia chimed in, nervously. I frowned, as I looked up at her. She, on the other hand, just took a deep breath.

"Just follow us." She said, before tinting on her heels walking away, with Nyx right behind her. I rolled my eyes once again and followed them. They had been acting rather weird lately.

I followed them through the mansion, as I absentmindedly looked outside, it was already dark, around 7 pm already, so the windows were open. Giving me the chance to glance outside. Still, they kept guiding me farther down, towards the underground of the mansion. Normally immortals besides Vampires didn't go down here, and even we only came down here to sleep.