Fight

CHAPTER 23 - Fight

Mary's POV

I was already fuming by the time I entered that woman's office. The files that Snake had sent me barely contained any information about her. It was like she didn't even exist! The only information we had about her were the things I already knew. She was a twenty-five-year-old businesswoman, that owned a club called Dark Masquerade. She was a Canadian citizen, although she had been born in England. But that was it, there was nothing else about her! It didn't even specify the city where she had been born!

Snake couldn't find anything else, and I knew something was off. He was the best hacker I knew and he couldn't find shit! That woman had some serious security codes. She just had to be hiding something, and I was sure as hell going to find out what it was. Because I was almost sure she had something to do with Eve's disappearance.

I glared at her, waiting for an answer, she looked taken aback for a second but she soon enough smirked widely. Her bright red coloured lips contrasting harshly with her immaculate white teeth. And even though I didn't like her at all, I could see how Eve got caught in her web. She was beautiful.

"Excuse me?" She asked, feigning obliviousness. I clenched my teeth.

"You heard me. Before you came into her life everything was fine! Then she met you and a couple of days later she went missing. I did my research and you don't have any records. Who the fuck are you and what the hell did you do to my friend?" I shouted, letting my frustration out. Her smirk, though, grew even wider as she answered.

"Oh, where are my manners? I didn't introduce myself! My name is Elizabeth Veri." She said, with an obnoxious sideways smirk and a condescending tone, before continuing.

"And about your friend, I'm sorry but I can't help you, I don't even know who you're talking about." She said, playing with a small letter opener in between her fingers.

She had a very arrogant British accent, which I actually reminded Eve telling me about. She then looked at me, with one eyebrow arched. I bowled my hand into a fist. I was going to beat the hell out of her if she didn't start talking soon.

"I'm pretty sure you know her because the last time I saw you two you had your hand up her skirt and your tongue in her mouth." I said through clenched teeth, but I only accomplished to make her throw her head back and laugh wholeheartedly.

"Honey you'll have to be a little more specific than that. That's basically what I do to every single woman I meet." She said, obviously amused.

I couldn't take it anymore, I punched her desk making a loud noise when my fist hit the wood. It hurt but I didn't care. I was beyond pissed by now. But she just looked down at my hand, with a small smile, seemingly unfazed. 

"Her name is Eve. And I'll give you one more chance to tell me where she is, or I swear to God, I will kill you." I threatened. She grinned widely, showing me her white teeth.

"Eve... Yeah, I think I remember her. I've gotta tell you, she's a screamer." She said, now looking coldly into my eyes, even though her smile was still there.

That was it if she wasn't going to tell me willingly, I was going to make her tell me. I took out my handgun, pointing it to her head, although she didn't even flinch. Instead, she just arched her eyebrows once again, looking up at my gun.

"So are you gonna shoot me?" She asked, still grinning. I cocked the gun before I answered coldly.

"Don't think for a second that I won't." I seethed. She laughed lowly.