3.07

Edited: 17/11/2021

The students piled into the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom, relieved to find the tables pushed to the side. That meant one thing, Professor Lupin was back. Pansy shivered beside Camille at the sight of the wardrobe standing intimidatingly tall before them. "Not this crap again."

     "Welcome, Welcome." Professor Lupin's voice rang through the room, the students watching him enter with wide smiles. "Yes, I'm sure you've gathered we will be continuing with Boggarts. Only for today, tomorrow we move onto our next topic. Seize and Pull Charms. I gathered you all learnt 'werewolves' thanks to Professor Snape in my absence, we will go over it again before exams."

     The students were then forming a line before the wardrobe, those that had previously participated were able to stand aside and watch. Several students went through. Daphne's boggart was a large dragon which was turned into some toy dragon with propellers for wings. 

     Once again, Draco stood at the back, right behind Camille. His breathing was picking up in pace as the line seemed to go through fast. Camille didn't say anything. She herself knew what would show up and didn't want to relieve it, or perhaps she'd find that she has a new fear.

     Pansy stood next. The previous charmed boggart bouncing as it tried to find her fear. The room darkened and there was Pansy in the reflection, alone and abandoned. She gave no one time to say anything before she held out her wand and spoke the incantation, transforming her boggart into her happy self hugging her friends. She stormed aside, and now it was Daphne's turn. Draco was muttering under his breath because after Daphne would be Camille's turn and then his own.

     The charmed boggart of the girls laughing faded slightly. Camille and Pansy disappeared and there was Tracey and Daphne...kissing. It wasn't just that, no, she wasn't afraid of that. What she was afraid of was the surroundings of the boggart...people laughing at her, shaming her, even Tracey in front of her. The girl mumbled the incantation but it didn't work. 

      The class sniggered, Pansy glaring at them as Tracey looked wide eyed, as if she understood now. She felt compassion for her friend. The laughter in the class grew and Daphne soon shouted the words 'Riddikulus' allowing it to change into a fit of rainbow fireworks.

     The girl ran out of the room, Camille turning away from the wardrobe with Draco who side stepped hoping the wardrobe wouldn't detect him.

      "Watch out girls, Daphne might come for you." Megan Jones, rudely spoke, challenging Hufflepuff's qualities. "How do you girl's feel about sharing a dorm with her? Perhaps you all are---"

     Suddenly the girl's mouth was sealed shut.

     Everyone gasped and then soon stared at Camille who held her wand out toward the girl. She'd fired the Oscausi spell.

     "Camille Diggory!" Lupin yelled, "Everyone, class is dismissed. Miss Jones. Miss Diggory. Stay behind."

      Camille was taken alongside a still sealed-mouthed Megan to a random empty classroom, Professor Lupin, Professor McGonagall, Professor Snape and Professor Sprout standing before them.

     "I haven't seen this charm used since that Lestrange girl many decades ago." Professor McGonagall breathed out, undoing the spell on Megan Jones who went from crying quietly to now loud sobs.

     "When did you learn this spell, Miss Diggory?" Snape droned the sentence out long.

      Camille scanned the Professor's faces, each waiting for her answer. Professor Sprout looked shocked. "My dear, I could never imagine your brother doing such a thing."

     "The spell, Camille." Lupin began, arms crossed. Half intrigued, half concerned. "Where did you learn it?"

     "I read it..." Camille said at first but the teachers remained silent. "In a book I found."

      "You simply found a book with this curse in it?" Snape questioned slowly, analysing her movements.

     "Yes."

      "Did you know what this spell did, Miss Diggory?" Professor McGonagall asked, allowing Megan Jones to leave with her Head of House. 

     "Yes."

     "Why?" The woman gasped.

      Camille sighed. "She was bullying my friend."

      "This is a very dark spell, Miss Diggory." Snape disregarded her response. "How many other spells like this one do you know? Where is this book you speak of?"

      "I left it in the Chamber of Secrets last year." 

     Lie. She was lying so boldly that they bought it. 

      "I have no choice but to remove 50 points from my house for your actions today." Snape began. "You must forget that spell and many alike. Dark Arts is a dangerous path to be sucked into."

      "Professor Snape is right." Lupin joined in, earning a half-sickened look by Snape. "I do not believe you are a bad person, no?"

     Camille shook her head.

     "Good. Focus on the light, dear one."

-----||-----

Quickly, another filler chapter for ya'll.

I know there's no real Draco content in this one but I thought this was necessary for Camille's character development.

Next Chapter will have more Draco x Camille content, I promise.

It should be up next Friday/Saturday, which are my update times at the moment.