3.08

Edited: 17/11/2021

Edited: 17/11/2021

Hogsmeade became second nature to the third year student's now, the snow falling harder with every nearing day to Christmas. Camille trudged through the thick snow covered streets alongside Brooklyn who was muttering about something to do with Tom. The boy unintentionally whacked her stomach to which she looked up, spotting exactly what had stunned him. There, Tom stood beside Cedric, oblivious to their presence.

      "You should join them." Camille whispered to her best mate who in turn gave her a nervous look.

      "Don't be ridiculous," Brooklyn breathed heavily, straightening everything from his hair to his clothes. "I'm not leaving you for some boy!"

      Camille giggled. "It's fine, establish your beauty upon him!" The pair laughed at her words before Camille continued. "I'll find Pansy somewhere, I'm sure. Go, it's fine!"

      She watched as Brooklyn swaggered over to Tom, before turning away to move along Hogsmeade alone. The girl walked, eyeing the Christmas decorations in each window as she followed the noise of a choir.

       A snowball hit the girl in the face and as she wiped it away, Draco stumbled out from behind a tree immediately apologising. "I aimed for your arm, I swear!"

       Camille laughed, a snowflake still in her lash. "You have bad aim then, no wonder you're not a chaser!"

      Draco nervously laughed. "May I...?" He began, lifting his hand to remove the snowflake in her eyelash before he held it in front of her. "Make a wish."

      She laughed, shaking her head slightly in disbelief but she did make a wish. A wish for herself. A wish where she hoped to find her own place in the world. A wish where she hoped she'd become as important in Amos' life as her brother. A wish where she had purpose. A wish where she mattered. 

      A stupid wish, she thought as she watched Draco blow the snowflake away, stuffing his hands in his pockets as he turned back to face her, eyes wide with a matching grin. 

      "Why are you alone?"

       Camille shrugged. 

       "You two, be gone, will you!" Draco spoke bitterly to his two minions before pretending everything was fine once again. He looked at Camille. "Wanna walk with me?"

      The pair walked alongside one another, pointing out different things and giggling amongst one another. They'd been wandering around for an hour when Camille suddenly stopped near the exit. "Do you know what your boggart is?"

       "No," Draco said with a deep sigh. "It could be anything really, perhaps its me being humiliated in front of the class."

        "Why would you be humiliated?" Camille asked sweetly and Draco's cheeks warmed at her innocence.