1.01

Dragon Alley was as busy as Camille remembered. It was always a day full of walking around the bustling streets in the heat and waiting around for her brother to try on the latest quidditch merch.

     Today was different.

     Camille had been waiting for this day, ever since Cedric had received his Hogwarts Acceptance Letter. Now, he was a third year and she was ready to start her very first year at Hogwarts.

     She smiled as her eyes raced through the assortment of restaurants, shops and other sights within this tiny compact shopping area. Camille didn't mind Muggles, she enjoyed the way their minds worked but for once she enjoyed being in a space without a single Muggle in sight. The mood was explicit, with festive music echoing throughout the street, accompanied by the chattering of the enormous crowd, the many shop bells ringing and doors to shops which creaked.

     "See there..." Cedric tapped on his sisters shoulder, pointing down a darker alley. "That's Knockturn Alley. Don't EVER, ever...go down there, you hear me Cami?" 

     Camille nodded. She'd read about Knockturn Alley in the Daily Prophet before. About how it is mainly for the dark, so many thieves along down there too. 

     "You'll find everything you need in Diagon Alley." Cedric continued, trying to pull his sister away from staring down the narrow, shaded streets on Knockturn Alley.

     "What's down there?" Camille curiously asked, not moving a muscle. 

     Cedric looked down to his sister, chuckling lightly. "Nothing necessary. Just ridiculous things. Dark objects. They sell poisonous candles, cursed necklaces, human skulls, bones, fingernails, toe..."

     "Ok! Ok! That's disgusting!" Camille spoke over him, waving her hands around and making a face like she'd swallowed a whole lemon. 

     Cedric laughed loudly, "That's what I said. Anyway, our first stop is Gringotts so we can transfer our Muggle money into what us wizards should really be using." 

     They both turned away from Knockturn Alley and faced the building of Gringotts Wizarding Bank. Together they stood in front of a large snow-white multstoried marble building, towering easily over every other little shop. 

     "This place is run by goblins, and they are the only souls that know the secrets of the twisting underground passages, the enchantments and the creatures in place to defend the vaults against any sort of intruders. Magical, isn't it." Cedric rambled off a fact, pulling her arm up a set of white stairs to lead up to the burnished bronze doors of the bank.

     Two goblins wearing uniforms of scarlet and gold, emotionlessly looked at the pair until one of them opened the door to a vast marble hall with long stretching counters along the length to which behind them sat multiple goblins going about their usual day-to-day work. Behind those goblins were many doors which obviously led off to the many vaults underneath. As they made their way to the very front, Camille's brother decided to throw another fact at her. 

     "The motto of this bank is Fortius Quo Fidelius, latin for 'strength through loyalty.'..." 

     Camille pursed her lips at her brother, wanting to half laugh and half roll her eyes at him. This bank however was extraordinarily silent, she darn't make any noise.

     Madam Malkin's Robes for All Occasions was next. Inside was very different to Gringotts. Loud and crowded. Parents were holding up two to three robes against their kid looking for the best fit whilst other kids were talking about which house they hoped to be sorted in whilst eyeing out their hoped ones uniform. Camille flicked her eyes up at the sight of 'Pack of Name Tags' written on her supply list. Cedric was quick to grab a pack, lessening the embarrassment of these stupid name tags.

     "Three Sets of Plain Work Robes (Black), One Plain Pointed Hat (Black) for day wear, One Pair of Protective Gloves (dragon hide or similar), One Winter Cloak (Black, silver fastenings)." Cedric read to Camille over the many voices in the shop.

     "Pointed Hat? Is it necessary?" Camille argued, as her brother jokingly placed one on the top of her head.

     "It's brilliant but no, not many people actually wear it." Cedric answered, holding onto the hat with the pack of name tags.

     Cedric took his sister to the first year section, letting her pick out her own robe, cloak and Hogwarts uniform pack. By the time he came back to her, she had the lot adding to his hand with the name tags, pointed hat and protective gloves made of dragon-hide.

     They continued a few steps to the line and purchased their items. Just over 115 Galleons, and that was only the beginning of their shopping tour. Next up for the Diggory's was Scribbulus Writing Implements in between the closed shop of Flourish & Blotts and Cedric's favourite shop - Quality Quidditch Supplies. Cedric explained that this is where she'd get her quill, ink and parchment.

     "Colour-changing ink?" Camille laughed, flashing the bottle of ink at Cedric who had just purchased her normal black ink and basic supplies not wanting to over-buy. 

     Two children, one aged eleven and the other aged thirteen-turning-fourteen in less than two weeks, together with a lot of galleons and sickles in their pockets seemed rather ridiculous. They could buy all sorts of unnecessary things, but these kids seemed so well groomed, that they knew which was worthy of their time and which wasn't.