4.12

"I don't think my father will ever forgive your family." Camille sweetly spoke as she lay in Draco's embrace. They'd been sitting up on the astronomy tower for an hour now, talking about small things from classwork to Pansy's gossip about Hermione and Daphne going on a date (to which Draco said nothing about as if he'd seen it coming) to the deepness of the Black Lake's recent quest and how she could've died if Cedric hadn't found her in time.

     "He's scared because he is less than you and Ced will ever be." Draco whispered back into her ear. "My father told me something, about your mother."

     Camille looked up at him as best as she could until his grey eyes which held a hint of harness found her own. "About my mother?"

     He nodded. "He told me she was a Veela, full blooded too, that's why she was so beautiful and powerful, it's the same reason you are too."

     "Veela?" Camille breathed, half in shock. "Fleur is quarter Veela."

     "You and Cedric are half. Said to be so rare that they don't even have enough information on what half-Veela's can do. Perhaps, that is why your father, a man who works in the Ministry is fearful of you and like a hawk on Cedric."

     "When did he tell you this?" Camille repositioned herself that that she could properly see him yet he refused to let go of his arms wrapped around her.

     He took a breath. "Yesterday, after the tournament. He pulled me aside to me a truth in hopes of telling you."

     "But why?" Camille furrowed her brow. "Why bother?"

     Draco's eyes examined hers unsure if he had offended her or not. His voice was softer yet again. "Because you will be hunted, whether it be by the Ministry of Magic or the Death Eaters, a power like yours can prove to be extremely effective in a manner of war."

     Camille flicked her eyes. "What war?"

     Draco remained silent. Maybe he knew, maybe he didn't but she didn't pester him for any answers. There wasn't going to be any war. The Auror's had been fighting against the Death Eater's for years it was nothing they couldn't manage themselves and Voldemort...he was still all but a fragment of Tom Riddle's residue. One diary incident didn't change the world, nothing would...not unless he was brought back to life.

     "What do you know of Necromancy?" Camille asked, the lingering thought of the dead on her mind.

     The place boy looked down to her with a confused look. "Necromancy? Why would you need to know of that? It's an extremely dark art, Milly."

     She giggled a little and felt terrible for lying to the one she dearly loved. "It's for Ancient Runes, silly. One of the runes meant Necromancy, I just wanted to know what it was."

     "Oh," Draco loosed a breath, a laugh lingering on his lips. His kissed her temple before answering, "All I know is that is means to raise the dead but no one has ever done it successfully before. Some people believed all you needed was something that belongs to them and the right spell to raise them but it never worked. Some were brought back as skeletal disasters, skin dropping from the bodies like ghastly banshees."

     "Perhaps they needed the right kind of strength." Camille added softly, looking away to the constellations. She found their one, high in the sky, twinkling brighter than any other.

     Draco hummed neither in acceptance or dismissal. He too was staring at the constellation.

     "What are we?" Camille whispered, her head leaning against his chest.

     "What would you like us to be?" Draco rested his chin atop her head.

     She took a breath. "I want us to be together, properly."

      "You mean publicly?" Draco answered, the vibrations of his voice hard on her head.

     Camille nervously exhaled. "I guess, but if you don't want to its ok—"

     Draco cut her off in the instance, manoeuvring his face quickly to kiss her. He pulled away for a second. "I love you and I'm not afraid of what anyone thinks or says." He jumped up from the floor, stepping up onto the ledge of the astronomy tower. Camille's eyes widened. "I'll shout it from the rooftops if you want me to."

     Camille laughed. "Hop down, silly."

     "Woooo!" Draco screamed off the tower. "Camille Diggory is officially mine! She's mine!"

     Camille laughed uncontrollably, shaking her head. She too hopped up onto a ledge beside him. "Woooo!"

     Together, they laugh and cheered into the abyss of the night sky and all the stars that danced around them. Their constellation shimmered in response. Nothing would stop them from being together...not even the end of the world.

----

oop third task is next chapter :O