4.07

Even though, traditionally, Sunday morning meant the entire girl's dorm slept right in, today was the exception. Bright and early, Camille and gotten up right in time with Pansy, Tracey and Daphne before sprinting toward the Great Hall. It was a raucous. No one would believe it - 8am on a Sunday Morning, the Great Hall packed with students cheers and gossip. 

     The First Task was today and everybody didn't want to miss a single thing. 

     Word had got around that it was dragons. The whispers flowed through the Hall. Camille had known this of course, and it seemed so did the opposing schools. Camille piled a couple French toast slices onto her plate before drizzling them in honey as Pansy went for the apple pie. Daphne kept her plate empty, her eyes lowly on someone behind them.

     "Where's Tracey?" Pansy asked, raising her eyebrow's a little as she'd detected Daphne's mood change since early this morning.

     Daphne flicked her eyes down, stabbing her knife into a hot cross bun. "She might as well do a strip tease on the Durmstrang's table the way she's acting."

     Camille choked a laugh in her coffee and Pansy swung her head so fast she half wobbled in her seat, leaving Camille to catch her. Sure enough, Tracey was chatting up almost every single Durmstrang boy.

     Pansy turned back around. "If you'd like, I can talk to her about this. Not only is she making a fool out of herself but you and I both know what this is about. Denying her feelings for you."

     Pansy was right.

     A hand tapped Camille on the shoulder, it was Miles Bletchley. It had been a while since she'd associated with him, not for any reason but different paths and timetables. She'd seen him of course during Quidditch practices and meetings and any form of social event with the team.

     "I've bet on Ced, just so you know." He claimed, offering his traditional smile.

     Pansy scoffed, "Oh butt off."

     "Well, that's nice of you." Camille offered as an answer, seemingly bored.

     A small kid ran into the Hall, panting as he began to shout. "The Quidditch pitch...it's open to spectators now...the First Task is soon!"

     Students began flocking like mad out of the Hall, almost as wild as the time they'd heard about the troll.

     "Would you like to sit with me? I could buy you a drink with the winnings after the Task!" Miles smoothly asked, but Pansy dragged her away.

     "You want to kiss her so bad!" She sneered with a mocking smile, "Just know I got there first."

     Camille hid her laugh as they linked arms with Daphne, too, making their way to the Quidditch Pitch. The stands were full, leaving a couple seats near the side. It was a fine view regardless. The three sat in a line, leaving a fourth seat deliberately beside Daphne for Tracey. There was a vacant seat beside Camille, too, but...feet dropped down onto it with a loud smack. Camille looked up. Miles dropped down to sit on the seat beside her. "Look's like we meet again."

     A raucous of drums and hand-slapping on seats as well as the mania of popcorn being thrown all happened at once as Fleur Delacour stepped out, as nervous yet badass as she was. She was inspiring, Camille thought. She knew deep down she wouldn't be able to confront a dragon while still looking strong. No, Fleur amazed her.

     Tracey was stumbling into view too, making her way up to the vacant seat whilst trying to avoid the popcorn being thrown and many people running up and down the stands. Pansy leaned over to Daphne, "I love Trace, I do. But maybe you should pretend you're more into Fleur than she. Maybe it'll make her realise she's going to lose you if she keeps this act up."

      Daphne grumbled but obliged all the same. "Won't be hard to pretend. French women are beautiful."

     A Welsh Green dragon stood between Fleur and the Golden Egg. She'd managed to take him down using an enchanted sleeping spell. Smart, Camille thought. She wondered what Cedric would come up with. Out came Victor Krum and the roar of the crowd grew. A Chinese Fireball was his selected dragon and he'd taken him down, violently a lot faster than Fleur had. Next was Cedric.

     Hogwarts cheered so loud Camille could barely think. All she could feel was panic and fear. His dragon was the Swedish Short-Snout. 

     Cedric rolled behind a rock, trying to get sight of the dragon as it curled around larger boulder protecting the Golden Egg. Cedric fired a spell, hitting its tail which made it roar loudly. 

      "Use a spell, Cedric!" Camille yelled, hoping he'd hear her over the roar of the crowd.

      Cedric sprinted to another rock, narrowly missing the snapping jaws of the dragon who had smelt his sweat. Smelt his fear. 

       Camille didn't want to watch. Not when she'd gained first sight of fire leaving the dragons mouth and smouldering the boulder Cedric had been squatting behind. If he hadn't moved the second he had, he'd be gone. 

       He casted his first spell, an enchantment, bewitching the image of a dog to distract the dragon. It worked. Cedric plunged over toward the egg, retrieving it in his grasp. His time wasn't as fast as Krum's though he'd beaten Fleur narrowly. She didn't care. Didn't care that he hadn't won the First Task, what mattered was that he survived.

       Camille only saw half of Harry's trial, leaving when he'd soared off with his broom and had the dragon fly after him.

      "What a show off." Pansy cooed from the pavement as they could see him in the distance.

      Camille couldn't help but laugh. "Yes, it's always him, isn't it."

       --||--

"What did Bletchley want?" Draco called out, jumping off the parapet walls of the astronomy tower down onto the deck. 

       Camille had been standing on the tower for a while, she hadn't even heard him come up. The girl smirked. "Jealous, are you?"

       Draco stopped right in front of her. He towered over her now. Camille hadn't grown much since third year but Draco had shot up again. His blonde hair glistened in the moonlight. "Our constellations sit side by side, do you know that?"

       "Our constellations?" Camille asked, raising an eyebrow.

       "The dragon and the Phoenix." Draco smirked, gesturing to the sky. "Draco comes from Dragon. Your middle name, Renai, it means 'reborn' like a phoenix." Draco quickly manoeuvred behind the girl, wrapping his arms around her neck and chest. He pointed to the sky, his breath hot in the ear as he whispered. "See there, that's us. Even the stars can't keep us apart."

||||