5.08

(nb: for re-readers, I'm slightly changing the entire story from this point)

"You lied to me!" Camille stormed through the creaking old wooden door of Borgin and Burkes upstairs bedroom. She found the Seer rocking in his usual chair. "You...Grindelwald, cut the bullshit and start telling me the truth!"

     The Seer stood up. "Sounds to me as though you already know the truth, my dearest granddaughter."

     "How? How is all this true? How are you still alive after a century or so?" Camille stood before him, the all-seeing wizard...Grindelwald was known to be a Seer in his youth.

     "I sought immortality in the inner beastly side of me, as will you do once in the near future." The Seer spoke, his voice slow and less monotonous than usual, he spoke more...humanly.

     "You told Tom Riddle about the horcruxes didn't you?" Camille queried, piecing everything together.

     The Seer—Grindelwald—smiled. "Clever child. Tom Riddle came to ask the Seer some questions and I guided him along the path to seeking those answers, just as I have guided you with yours. Only his immortality came at cost of other lives, mine only cost my own human life."

     "And Regulus?" Camille pushed. "Where does he fit in your big plan?"

     "Regulus has long awaited redemption. He's long waited for you."

     Camille sucked in a breath, speaking of pure sarcasm. "Am I supposed to trust that the sword will land in my hands when the time is right?"

     The Seer—Grindelwald—did not laugh. "Yes. That is known."

     Camille let loose a breath. "I saw my mother die; how do you explain that?"

     "Death is different for both you and your mother," Grindelwald spoke, "Do you truly believe I'd let my only daughter die? When those Death Eaters hunted her down, Voldemort sensed her power and didn't want to be rivalled with such powers. She may have died in sight but theoretically, Eden lives on."

     "I grieved all this time for nothing." Camille sarcastically whispered to herself, disbelieving everything that was the truth. She didn't bother to ask where her mother was. "If Voldemort sensed my mother's power, will he not sense mine?"

     Grindelwald nodded. "He'll try and make you his own weapon."

     "What do I do when that time comes?"

     "Nothing." Grindelwald simply said, tucking a strand of her honey-gold hair behind her ear. "Everything will work out in the end."

     Camille sighed. "I can't believe I'm letting myself blindly believe you."

     "Either way, I will always have been a better man to you than the man who cast you out for your darkness."

     Camille hummed. "Did he sense the power within me? Is that why he hated me?"

     Grindelwald shrugged. "Amos Diggory tried to snuffle the flame of your mother's true power. He tried to change her to what he wanted her to be. He's a prideful man. No doubt he hated the fire in you, the mirror image of your mother's power."

     Camille swallowed. She didn't want to talk about that anymore. "What about the locket?"

     "Slytherin's locket," The Seer began, rolling his neck as a couple audible cracks echoed within the aged room. "is with Regulus. He'll give it to you when he deems it time."