4.02

So many stairs! Camille thought to herself as they finally made the second last platform before their own

     So many stairs! Camille thought to herself as they finally made the second last platform before their own. She didn't want to complain about the fortune of being able to attend but she wished they could've just flown up to their spot rather than climb the thousands of clammy steps leading toward the top viewing stands.

     Cedric, the optimist of the two siblings, kept telling her to think of the wonderful experience of people. Camille would rather not.

     "Blimey, dad!" Ron called out, a step in front of Camille. "How far up are we?"

      A familiar voice that wasn't Arthur answered. It was Lucius Malfoy, in his majestic black dress coat and long flowing blonde hair. "Well put it this way, if it rains you'll be the first to know."

     Draco cocked a laugh beside his father, unaware of the Diggory's presence. "Father and I are in the Minister's box, by personal invitation of Corenlius Fudge himself."

      They walked the rim of the rail, round a corner as Camille followed in pursuit behind Ron, Cedric right behind her.

     She stopped still, watching as Lucius Malfoy poked into his son's side, ordering him not to boast.

     As Arthur muttered an 'ignore them' and continued walking, Lucius' gaze fell upon Camille Diggory who now stood beside Ron Weasley in the front of the pack. 

     "Well, well, well." Lucius began, leaning on the rail toward the girl. Cedric placed a hand on his sister's shoulder, his own gaze upon a wide-eyed Draco. "What would dear Eden say if she knew her little prince and princess were getting this...treatment, Amos?"

      Amos grumbled, pushing his children forward, Camille half stumbling as Amos pushed passed. As her father climbed the stairs in a huff with Ginny and Hermione following behind him, Camille turned to Draco. He smiled at her but before she could respond, Ron pulled her away.

     "Don't listen to them," Ron spoke to the girl as they began climbing the last few flights of stairs. "What would he know about your mother?"

      It wasn't until they were standing all the way at the top that Camille wondered if she did in fact have a phobia of heights. The twins were taunting her and Cedric was laughing, the others were oblivious and the girl wanted to be sick all over them. The game was the most extraordinary thing she watched as she stood dressed in the green of Ireland's team. Between the thoughts of the height and the words of Lucius Malfoy, Camille found herself missing most of the game in sight and living in the thoughts of her mind.

      When the game had finished, the Weasley's went their seperate way to the Diggory's, each finding their own hosting tents location. Amos was singing over how beautiful it was inside, Cedric holding the flap of the tent open for his sister who looked around at their neighbours.

      There was a flash of white amidst the crowd and when she focused again she found Draco staring right at her. The boy leaned against the pole of his tent, precisely two tents away from them. She turned her head before Cedric could notice and entered the tent.

     After twenty minutes of listening the fans singing outside, drunken slurs and Amos and Cedric's excited rambling of Quidditch techniques, what sounded like fireworks or canon blasts sounded nearby.

      Camille stood up and began wandering over to the tent when she felt a hand around her waist. Cedric's hand.

     Amos put a finger to his lips, slowly opening the flap when they realised it was an explosion and screams were echoing through the campsite. "Alright, stick together! We must get to the port-key."

      Amos went back to pack up the suitcases, Cedric beginning to pull Camille through the frantic crowds. There was fiery smoke all around and the people...the people were relentlessly pushing shoving anyone and everyone to get away. 

     "Cedric!" Camille yelled out, losing his hand's grip through the crowd. "Ced!"

      She was knocked to the ground, simply by standing still and even when the girl tried to get back up someone's foot would find her, a heavy shoe connecting to her face several times, unintentionally. She was invisible to them. She could hear her brother screaming her name. She could hear the fear in his voice as he'd lost sight of her. Camille tried to call out but the only thing to escape her lips was that of a strangled cry. Her hands were in the thick mud, blood from her face was dripping onto her forearms. 

       Cold hands wrapped around her body, lifting the girl up so she could finally breath. She tilted her head back, feeling nothing but pain as she groaned in response to being moved. Her head pounded as she could feel the hot, sticky blood trickling down her face.

     "It's alright. I've got you, Milly." 

      Camille forced her eyes open. She knew that voice.

      Draco.

     Draco had found her, was carrying her.

     "She's here." He called to someone else, "She's alright!"

      Camille's eyes met his. She looked terrible, her vision half blurred but she could make out some of his features. Her face, however, was half muddied and half drenched of blood. She believed she was losing consciousness but she didn't mind anymore. She was safe.

      Camille felt herself transition from Draco's arms to another pair. Gentler hands held her and she instantly knew by the deep, kind voice that spoke a 'thank you' that Cedric now held her. She pressed her head against his chest, sobbing a little as Lucius asked them to come with them.

      "No." Cedric said, blunt at first until he softened his voice. "Thank you, but we must get to the port-key. Our father is waiting for us."

       "You'll never make it in these conditions." Lucius continued. "Besides, he left you. He left her."

     Cedric looked around quickly, the noise of chanting people were growing louder. Cedric took a deep breath, Camille finally finding herself unconscious. Lucius was right, they'd never make it to the port-key in time.

      Cedric Diggory had to make a choice.

     "Ok." He began, directing his words to Lucius Malfoy. "Where do we go?"

      With a sly smirk, Lucius enunciated his words. "Follow me."

---||---

Sorry, this was updated two days late. Here it is, however. Thanks for being patient, see you all next week, next chapter!

Vote and Comment on your favourite bits...