3.04

The day arrived when all the Third Years could head off to Hogsmeade

The day arrived when all the Third Years could head off to Hogsmeade. Camille had been waiting for this since first year when her brother would tell her all about the little picturesque village and would even bring her some candy from there. Camille, Pansy, Daphne and Tracey all walked down High Street with the girls also allowing for Camille's Ravenclaw friend, Brooklyn Doyle, to join. They loved him as much as she did. Puppy eyes, was Pansy's nickname for him. He was so much taller than all of them now, probably even the tallest in the grade with hair growing longer every month - it was currently sitting on his shoulders blending in with his dark knit sweater.

The weather was cold, not enough for the first drop of snow but breezy enough for Camille and her posse to wear clothes that covered their skin. Pansy with her black turtleneck and high waisted pants that did not match with the purple beanie but she didn't care. Daphne in her usual comfy overalls and knit jumper whilst Tracey graced them all with beige slacks and a black turtleneck whilst she hummed, "always gotta be dressed to impress." Camille continued to impress Pansy with her outfit choices; black army pants and an old jumper of Cedric's that Molly Weasley had knitted for him five years ago.

Daphne and Tracey were talking about something in depth, arms linked together as they unwittingly veered in a different direction to Pansy, Camille and Brooklyn. 

     "If only Tracey opened her eyes and saw how in love Daphne is with her." Pansy hummed, leaning against a candle-lit tree.

     "The question is..." Brooklyn began, sitting on the cold ground right in front of Pansy who pretended to kick him with her large boots, "...does she swing both ways too?"

Camille walked over to Brooklyn, arms crossed as she sat on his shoulders, his hands wrapped around her shins. "I hope so, they're cute."

     "I didn't know I resembled a chair, Camz." Brooklyn retorted as Pansy laughed. "Anyway, I don't suppose you know if Tom goes both ways."

     "Tom, who?" Pansy asked, nudging him with her shoe.

Camille laughed. "My brother's best friend. I knew something was up between you and him."

      "Well...?"

      "I'm sure I can get some information out of Cedric for you." Camille answered, patting his head.

    "What the hell is that?" Pansy asked, squinting into the distance with her hand shading the sun. 

     It was a group of boys, one in which was waving frantically at them. 

     "Oh for goodness sake, it's that bleached ghost." Pansy muttered as Brooklyn complained that he couldn't turn his head with Camille on him. 

     "Oh!" Brooklyn said, "Draco Malfoy."

    "Really, Pansy? A bleached ghost?" Camille said to her best friend who simply shrugged.

     "The ghost floats over here now."

A minute later, a hand ruffled Camille's hair. Draco's hand. 

     "What are you three doing?" Draco's voice spoke, evidently deeper than last year. "It's our first trip to Hogsmeade and you all doing... nothing?"

     "Not much to do when you're thirteen, is there Malfoy?" Pansy began, arms crossed as she flicked her eyes. 

     "The candy store has lots of stuff!" Crabbe panted as he spoke in between gulps of candy he had clearly just bought.

     "Ugh...children." Pansy said, pushing herself off the tree. "I'm going to look for our other two cubs, I'll catch ya'll later."

As Pansy strode off in a hurried pace, Camille climbed off Brooklyn's shoulder's allowing him to stand up and crack his back. 

     "So...you two, huh?" Theodore cooed, pointing between Camille and Brooklyn.

     "She's not my type." Brooklyn shrugged, now looking around for any sight of Tom and Cedric's group.

     "Ouch." Theodore continued. "That must be a first for you, right Camille?"

     "Shut up, Nott!" Draco glared at his friend who raised an eyebrow back.

The two began bickering and Brooklyn pulled Camille away from them, walking around the village in silence. When they all returned back to Hogwarts, feet were sore, noses were red and the smell of the Halloween Feast picked up their spirits.

But Camille had to do one thing first.

She had to let Sirius Black into Hogwarts.

He'd come to her via the fireplace in their dorm room and she'd promised.

She promised.

and she kept that promise.

She came to the feast late as Pansy had reserved a seat for her and she believed to go unnoticed. She hadn't expected Sirius Black to attack the Fat Lady painting but to her composed front, she knew nothing of it. Camille thought it ridiculous for all to sleep in the Great Hall. It seemed more of a target to her but as Dumbledore made the ceiling look like a beautiful night sky, the girl fell asleep unnerved by what had happened. She knew she was safe. She knew her friends would be safe. She knew what she did and she was at peace with it.

/////

me, every day, pretending I can't see the need to update this book