1.09

From the minute the last class ended, Camille repeatedly listened to Draco's chants regarding The Famous Harry Potter - soon to be expelled out of Hogwarts. It go so repetitive an d tiresome that Camille found herself moving from the Common Room lounges to her own bedroom. Only then did the boy stop his announcements. 

It was a whole two minutes of peace before a knock at the door interrupted Camille yet again. 

She had expected it to be one of Pansy's friends or perhaps the Prefect but to her disappointment it was Draco Malfoy.

"I'm going to sleep." The girl said quickly, whilst closing the door but Draco placed his foot on the edge, preventing it to shut completely.

"Can you believe Potter's not being kicked out?" The boy began, shaking his head. He pushed the door wider, allowing himself to waltz into her room. "That's why I decided to organise a Midnight Duel with 'Potter'."

"Don't be ridiculous Draco, you'll both lose house points." Camille flicked her eyes, turning to him whilst making sure the door stayed open. Camille still didn't trust anybody from her own house, that was something Camille took adjusting to - trust. She still didn't even know Hermione, Savannah nor Brooklyn well enough to place full trust on them, and they was her own best friends.

"Oh, don't worry. I won't be there...and they don't know that." Draco said, picking up the photo frame beside her bed. "Cute photo."

Camille took the photo out of his hands and placed it back down on the bedside table. He watched, amused with that continuous smirk planted on his face.

"Thanks." She breathed out with her words. "Why do you despise Harry so much?"

"Why do you like him so much?" Malfoy taunted, just a tad to not sound patronising.

Camille squinted her eyes a little at him and pursed her lips before walking away to sit on her velvet, emerald bedspread.

"You don't have some sort of crush on him now, do you? Because if you do I'll have to rid you from...." Draco rambled, turning to face Camille though she was quick to cut him off.

"No! I just have no reason to hate him, that's all." Camille spoke quick at first, but took a pause to recollect herself.

The only thing Malfoy did was his usual, simplistic though effective scoff before giving her a goodnight wave, leaving the girl to her serene bedroom without a nosey Pansy Parkinson. Draco, too, wanted to get out before the jet-black haired girl found him.

The very next day, the results from the Quidditch Trials were out and handed to the House Elves to go and post in their respective Common Room Noticeboard's. Slytherin's one had read:

Team Slytherin : 1991-1992 School Year

Chasers: 1. Marcus Flint (Captain)   2. Camille Diggory   3. Adrian Pucey

Beaters: 1. Mason Lockhart   2. Kaycee Palmer

Keeper: 1. Miles Bletchley

Seeker: 1. Terrence Higgs

"Well Done Cami, knew you could do it!" Adrian Pucey congratulated her, whilst the Captain, Marcus Flint, patted her shoulder.

"We should be honoured to have a Diggory on our team." Terrence Higgs had politely congratulated her too.

Camille smiled to the rest of the team, beginning to walk away from all the fuss when somebody had stopped her from any further movement. It was Miles Bletchley.

"Well, well, well...I had never underestimated you for a second, Miss Diggory."

Camille just chuckled then attempting to move aside to where she saw Malfoy almost fuming from the couches. Camille had no desire to talk to him about the Quidditch Team or anything to do with it, especially as she knew how much he loved Quidditch and would've loved being on the team in his first year but everybody knew getting on the team (as a first year) was near impossible. In fact, this was the first time in history for two first years to be playing Quidditch; Harry Potter for Team Gryffindor and Camille Diggory for Team Slytherin. Now that they were selected, as first years, the others teams knew they would be stiff competition for this playing season.

"Congrats..." Malfoy remarked as he stood up from the couches, looking a little to the left where he noted Crabbe and Goyle on their way to join him. "Usually I'd question your Slytherin values, but I am proud of Slytherin for having such a fierce Quidditch Team this year. We should win the House Cup, no worries there...Thanks to you, I guess."

Camille nodded lightly, "Draco actually being nice to me? That's a first."

"Nice?" Malfoy laughed. "I know how to be nice. I just don't like it all the time."

Camille moved away right as Crabbe and Goyle found themselves beside their small blonde leader. Things were seeming to lighten up in the House of Slytherin, but then again...Halloween was nearing....maybe things will just get spookier for her yet.

She joined Daphne Greengrass who silently helped the prefect hang up Halloween decorations right around the corridor. She was a quiet girl and was nice to Camille. The only problem was that she was also friends with Pansy, therefore she could never become any closer than a mere acquaintance.

Camille liked Halloween just as much as she loved Christmas. She knew Muggles loved these holidays too but she could never imagine being a muggle during these festive holidays for the magical world always were a step above in decorations. She just knew by the beginning of them hanging the decorations up that the Slytherin Common Room would look like a divine gothic dream.

❦❦