3.03

The days were growing colder and as Camille walked to Defense Against The Dark Arts class alongside her squad of girls; Pansy, Tracey and Daphne, all she could think about was Professor Remus Lupin in that photograph with Sirius Black and her...

     The days were growing colder and as Camille walked to Defense Against The Dark Arts class alongside her squad of girls; Pansy, Tracey and Daphne, all she could think about was Professor Remus Lupin in that photograph with Sirius Black and her mother. She didn't know what to expect of him, how to take him. He'd been helpful with Harry on the train, clearly recognising that he was the son of James and Lily but she still wondered about herself. Did he know she was Eden's daughter?

     A mirrored cupboard stood in the middle of the room, something inside seemingly trying to get out. Nothing surprising, really. Camille thought. It was DADA class after all.

      "Intriguing isn't it." Lupin spoke, swiftly moving around the room as students gathered in a group right in front of the cupboard. "Would anyone like to venture a guess as to what is inside?"

     "That's a boggart, that is." Dean spoke, and Camille felt her muscles tense.

A boggart. Her brother had told her about them when she was in first year. It was a spirit meant to mirror a persons greatest fear. Cedric had briefly mentioned that his was self-embarrassment in front of the entire school, it was the only time the Weasley twins didn't joke beside him. The twins were one another's dead bodies for they believed one couldn't survive without the other. She remembered this now. The fact that the Weasley twins were so serious when talking about the boggart class made her believe that this wasn't something to take lightly.

      "Right you are, Mr. Thomas." Lupin continued.

Hermione proceeded to say some textbook perfect response regarding the boggart's form but Camille tuned out, rattling through her mind of possible fears that could come up. Everyone will see, she gasped to herself. Pansy looked terrified too, not saying a word, not even a slight remark over Hermione's perfect answers. Deep down, Camille knew what form her boggart would take and she'd do anything not to relive it.

     "A simple charm exists to repel a boggart." Professor Lupin spoke, now standing in front of the class. "Let's practice it now. Ah, without wands please. After me, Riddikulus."

The word seemed to lighten the tension slightly and Pansy and Camille followed pursuit with the rest of the class in repeating the word. Riddikulus. Tracey coughed out a little laugh finding the word hilarious. The silence of the class now got the her but before everyone could hear her stifled laughs Professor Lupin asked for them to speak louder.

     "Riddikulus"

     "This class is ridiculous." Draco muttered behind the four girls and now Tracey couldn't contain her laugh. Camille and Pansy turned slightly, lips tightly holding their own laughs as they looked to him.

Draco smiled eagerly, raising his eyebrows at them. 

Demonstrations began with Neville, who had his boggart take the form of Professor Snape. Tracey was now laughing crouched down in between Camille, Pansy and Daphne. Head in hands, laughs slightly muffled. Now doubt tears of laughter were leaving her face, now. Daphne stroked her friend's hair trying to calm her down.