4.08

Cedric had been riding his high on defeating the dragon all week

Cedric had been riding his high on defeating the dragon all week. It was wide sweeping, the gossip. Everybody was talking about the first task results and the rest were whispering about what would be the second task. Trolls, dementors, the black shuck. All horrifying ideas but all would be wrong, she knew it. The funniest she'd heard yet was werewolves. 

    Camille almost forgot that Lupin being a werewolf wasn't common knowledge and that she had already faced one the previous year. It made her wonder, what else went on in Hogwarts that students never knew about. What had she been deprived of knowing herself?  

      "A ball." Tracey kicked the dorm room open, piles of gowns covered in plastic covers were draped over both of her arms. The girl strutted in, throwing them down onto her bed. "Professor Snape just put a notice on the Common Room board. Apparently, we're having a Yule Ball this Christmas."

      Pansy stepped toward her bed, flicking through the gowns. "I see you're preparing early."

      "Yes, hello." Tracey gestured over herself. "I need to win best dressed."

       Camille giggled. "Is there even such an award here. This isn't a Muggle college."

       "Award or no award," Tracey began, holding up a sexy red gown with lots of cut-aways. "I want everyone to remember how good I look." —she put it back down on the bed, glancing over the three other girls— "Do you know who you're all taking as dates?"

      "Not in the three seconds we've known of its existence." Pansy laughed. "I'm thinking of manipulating either Terrence or Blaise into taking me."

      Camille laughed.

      "What—What about you, Daph?" Tracey dared asked the girl who sat ever so quietly beside Camille. She was reading a book, a dreamy sapphic book.

        Daphne slowly looked up, snapping her book shut. "Beauxbaton's has many eligible offers, but I do also have an eye on a pretty girl from Hogwarts."

        Pansy raised her brows at the girl as if this wasn't the plan she wanted her to follow. Tracey gulped a little. "I don't know if I—"

       "Don't worry, Trace. She's not from Slytherin."

       Daphne resumed to reading her book, leaving Tracey gobsmacked. "Oh...well, I'm sure she'd say yes to you."

       "Let's find out," Daphne, abruptly standing up, spoke with the utmost confidence any of the girl's had ever heard of her.

        All four girl's paced their way through the hallways, on their way to the Gryffindor Common Room. They had no plan and Camille was almost positive Daphne would use the excuse of the Fat Lady refusing them entry. When they stood on the moving stairs, Seamus sprinted toward them, Dean Thomas eagerly behind him. He was holding something, like a folded piece of paper before smiling at Camille.

       "Miss Diggory..." He began, waving his wand so the paper floated. "With the Yule Ball around the corner, would you..." —that was all that escaped his mouth when the piece of paper blew up, making a loud explosive noise within the tower. The ash of his paper and flames powdered his face in soot.

       Despite Tracey and Pansy laughing, Dean lifted Seamus over his shoulder, carrying him off to the hospital wing. Daphne sniggered a little. "That was something."

       A second later and the door opened to the Gryffindor Common room and out stepped Hermione Granger. She beheld the four girls, sucking in a deep breath. "Hello, girls."

       "He—Hello." Daphne squawked out before she grabbed Camille and Pansy's elbows and yanked them away with her, Tracey flailing after them. They turned a sharp corner, bumping hard into a really tall Ravenclaw boy. It was Brooklyn, this time.

       "Camille." He blurted out, eyes red as if he'd being crying.

       "Brooky, what's wrong?" Camille, grabbed his wrist. He hugged her, leaning his head against her neck.

       "I shouldn't be upset." Brooklyn began, whispering to the girl through his controlled sniffles. "Tom asked someone else. We had an argument. He didn't want to be seen going with me." —he sniffled a little more— "...so he asked a girl instead."

       "I'm so sorry." Camille whispered back, rubbing her arms up and down his forearms to comfort him. "I'll go with you. I promise, you won't go alone."

        He pulled away from her, eyes filled with sadness. "You're too kind for this world, Cami."

       "I love you, you know that." Camille began, smiling through her own sadness that she felt for him.

        "I love you too." Brooklyn whispered, running his hand over her hair. "You've never judged me once and I want you to know...I'll never judge you for anything either."

—||—

Camille re-entered the Common Room alone, finding Draco sprawled over the lounge. He swiftly stood up, making his way toward her in a brisk glide. He placed a finger to her chin, tilting her head to face him.

        "I hear you love Brooklyn."

        Camille furrowed her brows. His grey eyes were hard on hers, not rudely or bitterly but examining her as if he withheld a deep sadness behind them. She whispered back, grabbing his wrist for holding her chin. "Who told you this?"

       Draco sniggered a little. "Plan to shoot the messenger, do you?" —He tilted his head back— "Maybe you should keep an eye on that circle of yours, seems like not all of them are faithful." —Draco raised an eyebrow, giving one last condensing chuckle— "Perhaps we underestimated you, Pansy and Daphne. You're the perfect snakes after all."

       Draco took a step back, schooling his face to one of disgust. He looked at her with...hate. Tracey, she must've told him. Camille had barely spent time with her, barely told her anything to do with Brooklyn. She'd misunderstood the situation and spread false information.

       "So that's it, huh?" Camille bitterly spoke. If he wanted to name her a sleazy snake then she'd be every ounce of one. "You're going to trust the word of other people? Maybe you're not the perfect Slytherin your father thinks you are." Low blow. She knew it. She saw the hurt in his face as she'd said it. He walked away from her. Left her with tears in her eyes. She screamed out to him, every bit of pain echoing within. "I let myself love you. I opened up to you. Don't walk away from us, Draco!"

       Draco Malfoy continued to walk away from her.

       "I hate you for this."

\\\\\\\

Sorry for their little hiccup, miscommunication is common in relationships. But our little children are growing up and facing the world of hardships. But, next chapter is the Yule Ball. I know the last two chapters have had small snippets of Draco content but I promise next chapter he has more scenes.

Quick Q...Who do you think will cave in first and crawl back? Draco or Camille?