My Little Family

My Little Family

3rd January (Izzy 9 weeks 1 day)

Jace's POV

Last night I had come home, mostly to give Kenna some much needed rest and also to organise the nursery. I had picked up Brax early and we headed off to the huge baby store. He seemed to be an expert, well he does have seven kids four of which are boys. Two hours later and we had got everything we needed for Rocco.

Kenna didn't miss out on anything, I was texting her photos of furniture and if she didn't like it, she'd say so. Brax and I finished the room by lunch time and it was the fastest I've ever put a full room together. Everything that we needed for Rocco was ready to go. We just need him to come home.

After Brax had left, I had a shower and changed my clothes again. I didn't want to stay away from my boy much longer as Kenna had said that he will be moving into the room with her. Now with his room done, it's one less thing to worry about. It's the conversation I'm about to have with my ex is the one consuming my thoughts. When I arrived at Tahni's, I sat in the car for a few minutes just thinking about my girls. I'd never thought I'd be having this kind of talk, not one about the possibility of them moving away from me.

Movement from the front of the house caught my attention and a huge smile formed on my face when I saw who it was. Emmy and Ruby were almost running to the car, I couldn't get out of there fast enough. My arms stretched out and wrapped around both of them. Their small bodies crashed into mine and their arms were tight around my waist.

"God I've missed you." I sighed softly as I buried my face between the both of them.

"Missed you too Daddy." Emmy said with a muffled voice as her face squished into my shirt. What the hell am I going to do without them? A week with them with their mother is hard enough. Moving to the other side of the country would be absolute torture and a pain that will hurt deeply.

"Love you so much." Ruby added, her voice the same as Emmy's. I just don't want to ever let them go. They are my babies and I love them more than anything.

"And Daddy loves you too." I whispered, the tears already starting to fill my eyes. I don't want my girls seeing me cry but I know that's about to change. In the corner of my eye, I could see Tahni standing at the door, the look on her face was blank as she watched on. Can't even get five minutes with them without being interrupted. Giving the girls a kiss on the head each, I let my arms go and let them step back.

"Has Mummy had the baby yet?" Ruby asked excitedly and I froze, shocked at what she had called Kenna. My heart was thumping wildly as I stared at her, Emmy had the same expression on her beautiful face. The look on Tahni's face as she heard had now turned into a sad one. I know that hearing that would hurt as I wouldn't want to hear them calling Josh Daddy. But it's something that would happen eventually and the girls now have four parents, instead of two.

"She did, you have a little brother." I grinned as I put my attention back on them. The squeals were a little louder than I was anticipating but they look super excited.

"Can we go see him? Can we Mum?" they both shouted and then turned with eager face to Tahni. It was then that Tahni smiled and nodded, Ruby and Emmy both ran toward her and then hugged her. I locked the car and took a few steps closer to the where they were before the girls ran inside and screamed out to Lily.

"Congrats Jace, finally have the son you've always wanted." Tahni said softly as she looked up at me. I could tell she was still upset about hearing the girls refer to Kenna as Mummy. Reaching out, I grabbed her hand and squeezed it lightly as I looked down at her. For a moment we just stood like that before I pulled her into my arms. The second her face hit my chest, I heard her cry. My arms tightened around her as we both stood there silently, the only sound were her sniffles.