What The Actual Fuck!?

19th March

Matthew's POV

"I'm getting to old for this shit." I grumbled as I sat down beside Kaleb. We have been for the past few hours cleaning the backyard. I made him help since our wives decided to have a girlie day and spend all our money. Hopefully Sums is nice and buys me something, I've been a good boy.

"Yeah old man, I did most the work." He rolled his eyes and put his feet up on the chair in front of him.

"You are younger than I am, so suck it up." I laughed, gotta milk it for all it's worth. Kaleb is only three months younger than I am, so every one of those days count.

"Whatever." He grinned, I let out a sigh and relaxed back into the chair.

"I hope Katie remembers to pick up Jake's birthday present. Can't believe my little man is five tomorrow, time goes by so quickly." He smiled as he looked my way. He spoils that boy rotten, Tyler is just the same.

"I know, Jaxon is nine already. And I've lost count with how many grandkids I have. Good thing though, I haven't mixed their names up yet." I chuckled, it's come close and I'm sure I will eventually. My kids just keep on breeding and breeding. I think the next two that are soon to arrive, will be the last for a while.

"That will just be the Dementia." He joked, I was going to reply but we heard someone walking through the house after they had kindly slammed the front door. I turned and noticed Jace heading straight for us, what's crawled up his ass?

"Any reason why you needed to beat the shit out of my door?" I asked him as he came up closer to us, he never said anything. He walked around and stood in front of us, then swiftly took the chair Kaleb was resting his feet on. Wow, this kid is in a bad mood today.

"No need to act so mean to the elderly nephew." Kaleb chuckled as he repositioned himself on the seat. Jace just gave him a look before plonking his ass down on it and then rested his elbows on his thighs. His eyes darting between me and Kaleb and then stopping them on me.

"Where's Mum?" He asked, his voice emotionless as he kept his gaze burning into mine. Geez, whatever is bothering him, must be huge.

"Shopping with Aunty Katie, why?" I asked curiously, my frown deepening and then he flicked his eyes to Kaleb and then back to me again. Jace has never been good at expressing his feelings to me and I really wish he would. It freaks me out every time I see him like this.

"Just asking." He shrugged, I could feel the wrinkles on my forehead scrunch up more. He's a man of many words my son.

"You're acting like someone ran over your cat." Kaleb added as the both of us stare at Jace, confused as hell and also curious to know what the hell is wrong.

"I'm not the one about to get his balls tied up and then cut off with a butter knife." He mumbled under his breath. Seriously? We are old but we are not deaf! Yet.

"It would also help if you told us what's going on, we might be able to help?" I offered honestly, he should know I'd be here for him, for anything. I'd do anything for my kids, even if it killed me doing it. He let out a heavy sigh and then rubbed his hands over is face.

"Sorry, so much has happened this morning. I don't even know where my heads at." He sighed again and then shook his head slightly. I stayed quiet, waiting to see if he was going to say more and he does.

"Tahni rocked up with Lucy. Said she left Josh and was missing the girls too much. I told her it was okay for her to stay with us until she gets some things for her place. She's lucky she kept the house and never sold it like he wanted her to." I knew that wasn't going to last long. She should never had let that guy talk her into moving over there with him.