Our First Date

Our First Date

20th December 2041 (McKenna 32 wks and 1 day, Izzy 7 wks and 2 days)

Jace's POV (Pic of Windy Point restaurant and Kenna's roses)

I've been waiting for tonight all week and the nerves are just about to make me sick. I don't know why I'm acting like this, it's not like Kenna and I haven't met before. Maybe because it's the first time I'm going to be taking her out on a date, a real date. We never did anything like this when we first got together, those times we usually stayed at her place, sometimes at Mum and Dad's with me and we'd order a huge take out. Now tonight, I'm taking my girl out.

Kenna has been staying at my place a few nights after we started being intimate again. I really love her being in my bed and waking up tangled in her gorgeous body. Last night though she went back to her apartment as I told her I want to do this whole date night like we would've done if we were first dating. Which we are but we have a little guy already on the way, so it's kind of different. In eight days time I get to see my son when Kenna goes in for an ultrasound that she had booked. She wanted to arrange one so that I could see him and I couldn't have thanked her enough for that. I'm super excited to see him finally.

"Have you decided on where you're taking her?" Brax asked as we were packing up the tools. Finally finished at this place and then we got some house that pretty much should be bulldozed but it certainly will be a challenge. We'll be starting on that after our break for Christmas, I always look forward to our two weeks off for the holidays. And our break starts now, I'm also looking forward to the sleep ins.

"No, you realise I haven't taken anyone on a date in about four years." I winced as I chucked the grinder into the back of the truck. This date could either go well or I could really stuff things up.

"Not even Tahni?" he asked with his brows raised and I shook my head. I looked at him and he was now shaking his head and he sighed. Here we go, lecture about dating from the big brother.

"It's no wonder, do you know that I still take Lexi out for date nights every fortnight. It used to be weekly before we ended up with seven kids but I always make sure that we get our alone time. I love treating my wife to something special each time." he said as he got this big goofy grin on his face. I rolled my eyes and chuckled as he looked like he was about to get all love sick on me. It's amazing how those two are with each other though. They've been together as a couple for eleven years now, feels like just yesterday when he told me he asked her out.

"Yeah but you and her have been with each other since she was born, it's totally different compared to what I had with Tahni." I said and tried not to think about it too much, there was just something not right there for a while. It's just like now that I think about it, we only got back together because of Lily and then only a week after that we conceived the twins. Maybe we were doomed from the start, her parents helped with that too though.

"What's it like with McKenna?" he asked and then leaned up against the side of truck. I grinned as soon as he said her name, he was watching me and smiled.

"It feels like I can't breathe with her not near me. Having her in my arms is one of the best feelings in the world. I miss her like crazy when she's not around. I'm pretty much addicted to her, her smile, her kisses, the way she talks. Everything Brax, I love everything about her and how she makes me feel." I said as I thought of her beautiful face. Brax grinned and then waved his hand in front of my face as I spaced out about thinking about her.