Daddy's New Girlfriend

12th December 2041 (McKenna 31wks and 0days)

Jace's POV

I've been going over and over in my head on how I would tell the girls about Kenna. More so about the little boy that is soon to become their brother. Each time it's in my head, I think of another way but now it's all scrambled and I'm even more stressed about it. I don't know how Tahni told them about Josh and that the baby she was having was his and not mine. They adore Lucy and talk about her all the time, and have told me that they enjoy helping their Mum with bathing and dressing her.

Tonight I thought was the best, it gave me a few days with them and tonight I'm cooking their favourite meal. We are also going to be setting up the Christmas tree, haven't done that yet but all the stuff is in the spot ready to go. Emmy wanted a real tree this year and I managed to find a really good one. It's going to be fun cleaning up those pine needles once they all decide to fall off.

"Why is the spare room locked?" Lily asked as she walked into the kitchen. I paused as I was about to sprinkle the cheese onto the lasagne, she had a frown on her face and she had her head tilted to the side. Well I was hoping none of them would even try to go in there, lucky I locked it then. I'm planning on making that the baby's room, he needs to have a room. And I know Kenna and I hadn't discussed anything about those type of arrangements yet, but it doesn't hurt to be prepared.

"It's a secret." I said and realised that was probably not the best thing to say. I've got their Christmas presents stashed at Mum and Dad's house because I knew they'd be trying to hunt for them.

"Why does it smell like paint through the door? This house is brand new Dad." she now put her hands on her hips and she gave me this sassy look. Bloody hell, she'd make a good detective one day. I continued to finish off the lasagne as I thought of something else to tell her but might as well tell her why.

"I was just testing colours." now that wasn't a lie, I've got one wall with a few different shades to figure out which one looks best. She scrunched her face up a little and then moved over to the island bench and sat down on one of the stool that were opposite from me.

"Why?" she asked, I sighed and scratched the back of my neck. Emmy and Ruby them chose that moment to join us in the kitchen, both taking a seat either side of Lily. All three of them now looking at me curiously. I hate it when they gang up on me like this, it makes me nervous.

"I was thinking about painting a few feature walls. I wanted to see which one would look the best." I said as I gave the three of them a smile. Hopefully they'd drop the subject and talk about something else. Little do they know I was also planning on doing their rooms, the house does look a little bland with just white everywhere. I scored well with this place, four bedrooms plus a study, huge kitchen and family room. Even better that they had only just finished building it about a month ago and landscaped the yard which was a added bonus. I'll just be paying it off for the next twenty odd years.

"Can we have a look?" Ruby asked as she rested her head in her hands and gave me those big puppy dog eyes. I see all three of them have been checking it out then, nosy little girls.

"Nope, Dad's secret until further notice." I grinned and the twins whined but Lily was the one to speak up again. This may end up being a never ending conversation until they actually get to go in there.

"Why? What are you hiding in there? Is your new girlfriend too scared to meet us?" Lily said and I stopped as I was about to put the large dish into the oven. Meeting her gaze, she had that cheeky look on her face while she waited for my reply. Does she know or is she just saying that as a joke about why the room is locked? It's very hard to tell with Lily, she can be very sneaky at times and will always dig until she gets the answer she wants to hear.