Happy New Year

Happy New Year

31st December 2041 (McKenna 33 wks and 5 days, Izzy 8 wks and 6 days)

Nick's POV (pic of Nick (one on the left), Emerson and Lani)

With Emerson away at his parents place since yesterday and due back soon, I was left here to set up for the party. Well I'm not really alone, I have Lani here keeping me company. I sipped slowly on the glass of scotch I had already poured, the numb feeling in my throat only makes the alcohol slide down faster. Placing the glass back onto the coffee table before walking around a little as I buttoned up my shirt.

"Nicky? Can you zip me up?" Lani asked as she tried to reach the zip on the back of her dress. I chuckled and walked over to her, my hand reaching down and then sliding the zip up to the top. I placed a kiss on her shoulder and then spun her around. Her blonde hair done nicely in a wave of curls, her make up was not over the top and it made her eyes pop.

"I like this one." I smiled as I flicked my eyes over her. The yellow dress clung her body nicely and showed the right amount of skin and cleavage. She is a beautiful woman, inside and out.

"I don't know. Maybe I should try the other one on, this one feels too. I feel to exposed in it." she whispered as she looked down, I took a step back and had another look. She's crazy if she doesn't like this one, it's better than the old granny one that she just showed me.

"That other one needs to be burnt Lani. You look hot in this and I'm sure a few of my friends will agree with that." I smirked and then quickly reached out and ripped of the price tag and threw it across the room.

"There, now you have to keep it. You are also going to wear this one. Now, does this shirt look good?" I asked her as I pointed to the black button up shirt that she had picked out for me. Apparently I had to buy something nice for Emerson and the shirts I had in my room weren't good enough.

"Very sexy and you need to wear those jeans that make your ass look sexier." she grinned and then went over to the pile of clothes that we had scattered on the couch. It wasn't just shirt shopping she forced me into, she went berserk and nearly made me buy the whole damn shop. That's what we spent half the morning doing, shopping. It's been great just to chill with her and catch up as I haven't seen her for a few weeks. Exams were crazy and with them finally over, it's great to not worry so much.

"Can you believe that we are nearly doctors. I'll be glad to finally end all that study, my head feels ready to explode." she smiled and then found the pair of jeans she was talking about and tossed them at me. I even had the shop assistant perving on me when I was trying these on. Her face was priceless when Lani told her that I already had a hot man at home waiting for me.

"I know, it's feels pretty great. Even more that I've already got a job lined up once it's over." I grinned happily. Ethan had offered me a position in his clinic which I would've been stupid to knock back. So I'll be doing my intern with him and at the adjoining hospital and still be teased by my brothers that I look at vaginas all day.

"You are lucky. Now go shower, get all sexy for your boyfriend. I'll sort all these out and then get started on the getting this place looking like there's going to be a party." she smiled and then shooed me out of the living room. I did as I was told and headed for my room, putting the jeans on the bed and then taking the new shirt off. Walking over to the chest of drawers, I rummaged through the top draw to find some boxers.

Once I was in the shower, I relaxed under the fast stream of cool water. No way am I having a hot shower, it's crazy hot out there and all that shopping has made me a hot and sticky with sweat. I washed my hair, had a shave and still yet to do my face which I'll do in front of the mirror. The sound of the door opening had me freeze as I saw movement behind the frosted glass door. When the shadow got closer, my heart was starting to race as I can't tell who the hell is behind it.