A Surprising Morning

2nd January 2042 (McKenna 34 weeks and 0 days, Izzy 9 weeks and 1 day)

McKenna's POV

I had forgotten what part of the hospital I was actually in until the sounds of a woman screaming so loud had woken me up. The noise was actually terrifying as she went through what only sounded to me as someone was trying to kill her. It was only when she had stopped, that the cries of a baby was replaced by her screams. As much as I am excited about the baby being nearly born, I don't think I'd be able to go through that. It sounds absolutely painful.

All night it went on, and all I could do was lay here and listen. Jace was still wrapped up beside me, he was snoring again and at one stage I felt like waking him up. The fact that I needed to use the toilet didn't help a lot either as our little boy was pushing hard on my bladder. Our little Rocco. The more I say his name, the more I love it and the more familiar it feels. Rocco Jordan Taylor. He's going to be one cute little man if he looks like his Daddy and I hope he does.

Rocco had been kicking me really hard and I thought at one point that he was going to kick himself right out of my belly. The foetal monitor was still attached to me, so at least I had that beautiful sound to distract me. I turned my head slightly to my left and gazed at Jace's sleeping face, even whilst he's snoring he looks gorgeous. Lifting my hand up, I combed my fingers through his hair and just that little action had his eyes flutter open.

"Morning beautiful." his voice still thick with sleep as he smiled. His hand that was wrapped over my belly moved and his hand fanned out over it.

"Morning babe." I smiled back and leaned over closer to his lips and kissed him. It feels really good laying here with him, although it would be nicer in his bed or mine. I sighed when I remember my bed is probably destroyed from the fire.

"I'm not going to be able to go back to my apartment, am I?" I asked him, I wonder how much I lost. Everything is probably gone, clothes, furntiture. It'll all be ruined, if not by fire but from the smoke and water.

"Sorry babe. Aidan was able to get your handbag, phone and laptop before they blocked the area." he gave me a sad smile. Great, this is just prefect. I worked hard to get everything just the way I liked it. What a pain in the ass.

"Move in with me." Jace blurted out, I was shocked at his words and by the look on his face he was too.

"What?" I whispered as I looked at him stunned. He just asked me to move in with him. I was expecting this one day, it's just a surprise that he asked me now. Jace reached for my hands and held them both with his and he smile. Now looking more clamer than he was a few seconds ago.

"I want you to move in with me. I was going to ask you, it has been on my mind for a couple weeks now and with the fire and everything. I don't want us to live in two seperate places. Rocco is going to be here soon and I want my family settled in and with me. I'm not sure I can spend another night away from you anymore. Not after what has happened." he had a determined look on his face, his smile dropped when I never said anything back. I would if I wasn't stuck for words. It's been a huge fourty-eight hours.

"You don't want to." his voice now sad and he had let go of my hands. I blinked a few times and looked into his eyes, the hurt evident in them.

"Babe." I said as I reached out for his hands but he was quick to climb off the bed and walk away. With him just doing that, I could feel the tears building in my eyes. He stood at the end of the bed and sighed heavily. The bruise on his jaw looks worse than it did last night when I saw it, that has to hurt and he's doing a good job at masking his pain.