Our Little Rocco

Our Little Rocco

Jace's POV

2nd January

Once that mass text was sent, my phone has been constantly beeping with the replies. All of congratulations and wishing us well with our new little baby. I still can't get over that he's here already, my son. I've finally got a little man and I can't thank Kenna enough for contributing in helping to make him. He's perfect and he's going to be smothered with so much love.

It's now been about an hour or so since the nurses had taken him up to the NICU. Kenna was freshening up with a shower as I was looking through the photos that I had taken on my phone. Rocco is a little cutie and definitely has a hell of a lot of the Taylor genes in him. A knock at the door had me move away from looking at my boy and I grinned as I saw Mum and Dad standing there. They had their hands full with a blue teddy, a bunch of flowers and a huge basket of what looks like everything we'll need for Rocco.

"Where's my grandson?" Dad asked as he walked into the room. I stood up from the chair I was sitting on and made my way closer to them. Grabbing the basket from his hand, I placed it on the bed and took a peek inside.

"He's up in the NICU, being monitored up there. Kenna and I are going to see him after she gets out of the shower." I smiled as I felt more relaxed knowing that we have some clothes and nappies. Mum has thought of everything, she knew that we hadn't gotten anything for Rocco. I do know she had a baby shower planned, I guess that won't be happening now. Unless, I surprise Kenna with one anyways.

"Oh, well if it's alright with you, Dad and I will come up with you. I have to make sure my staff are taking extra good care of our new baby boy." Mum grinned as she wrapped me up in a huge hug and kissed my cheek.

"Congrats J-Butt, you've always made gorgeous babies." she chuckled lightly as she let me go. Dad was grinning as he had found my phone and was going through the photos.

"That's not all we have to celebrate." I said with the excitement even more evident in my voice. Dad raised his brows and Mum frowned. One would think they would have caught on by now or at least heard it from Kenna's Dad as he grizzled about it. Kenna's Mum is happy and excited, the whole ward knows that I asked her to marry me.

"I asked Kenna to marry me." my grin even wider as she opened the door at that same moment. She looks brighter and she too is smiling happily. I need to go home and get her some nighties so she doesn't have to wear that robe. We were so not prepared at all for out little arrival today, just shows not to leave things to the last week. You know, just in case something like today happens, we'll be prepared next time.

"My baby boy is getting married." Mum cried and then crushed me in her arms as she bounced up and down. Dad was laughing and Kenna had that gorgeous smile on her face that I love.

"Mum calm down. We've just had a baby and I only just asked her this morning. We haven't even had time to adjust, I don't think there will be a wedding for a year or so yet." I said as I gazed at Kenna, she was nodding in agreement and Mum began to pout.

"Sorry. It's just that I've been waiting for you to tell me that news, I got a little excited." her pout was gone and the happy grin was back. I walked over to Kenna and kissed her lightly on her lips and then helped her to sit down on the bed. Mum joined Dad over on the chair as Kenna finally noticed the basket full of goodies for Rocco.

"Wow, there' so much in here." she gasped as she looked through it, Mum looked pleased with her selection of clothes and lotions. Pretty much everything that we will be needed for Rocco in the next few weeks. My phone vibrated with a new message and I was starting to get annoyed with how many texts I've received in the last hour. It was just like a continuous beep, lucky I had it on silent. This time, I decided to look to see who it was and when I saw that it was from Tahni I sighed heavy.