I Made The Right Choice

McKenna's POV

26th January 2042

I gazed down lovingly at my three and a half week old son as he has his four am feed. He's gorgeous and I am madly in love with him. Thick dark hair, lightly tanned skin, long lashes and a cute little nose. The nursery almost dark, the only shadow of light coming from lamp that's on the other side of the room. I can't imagine what life without him would be like anymore and I don't want to. Keeping him was the best thing I've ever done. What I planned on doing is killing me and I regret even making that appointment.

"I love you so much Rocco." I whispered as I ran my fingers lightly through his hair. He kept his eyes closed as he sucked away, he sure does love his food. Rocking the chair softly back and forth, my mind drifting back to the night his Daddy and I created our favourite little man.

FLASHBACK 24th May 2041

Sitting around the huge meeting table at work, I could feel my eyes begin to droop as I tried to listen. Ash was beside me, busily writing things down, even glancing my way from time to time. Her twenty three week baby bump was proudly on display underneath her pretty white blouse and black skirt. To say my best friend was extremely happy and glowing blissfully was an understatement.

"Why are you always so tired lately?" she whispered as she put her pen down, then sat back into the huge leather chair. I opened my eyes slowly and turned her way and gave her a shrug. I'm not quite ready to tell her that I've been having sex with her new brother in law. Even though Jace and I have been sneaking around for a month now. I love how it's just us and I don't want it to end. I'll tell her when the time is right.

"Couldn't sleep last night." I replied with the a small smile. Well that was the truth, I just skipped the part where Jace was over, in my bed and fucking me hard. I was more surprised that I could walk this morning because, OH EM GEE, he sure did make very good use of that thing that last night. I've never been so addicted to a guy than I have with Jace, there's just something about him.

"Macca?" Ash whispered again and this time nudged me in the side of the ribs. I shook my head as my mind was drifting to the guy that blows my mind. When I looked to my bestie, her brows were raised and she was now standing. Frowning slightly, I gazed around the conference room to see it was just us two still left there. What the heck?

"Whatever or should I say whoever is on your mind, it's time to go." she chuckled lightly as she pointed to the clock on the wall. Wow, I've got to stop spacing out like that. Maybe Jace is a bad influence on me, I'm starting to get a little distracted.

"Do you want to come over for tea tonight? I'm making chicken parmi." she said casually as we walked back to where we have our desks. I stopped by hers first and stood there contemplating that offer. It'd be nice to have a couple hours of catch up sleep first. Then I'd probably sleep right through it, then miss dinner completely.

"What about tomorrow night? I think I'll just stay in tonight and sleep." I can already hear my bed calling out out name. Ash sighed and then gathered up her things ready to leave. I'm a horrible friend, I've been neglecting to spend time with her. If I wasn't so damn tired, I'd be saying yes. Ash cooks a wicked parmigiana and just thinking about is making my mouth water.

"We can't tomorrow night, the Taylors always do this big thing for birthdays. A big breakfast, and then tea later that night. It's a pretty fun day though, being all together like that. That's what families are meant to do." as she said the last part, I knew she was thinking about how her childhood had been and being raised with that snobby bitch mother of hers.