Where There's Smoke...There's Fire

31st December

McKenna POV (pic of Kenna's parents Henry and Sarah and Jordan)

After I hung up from speaking with Jace, I opened the toilet door to find Dad still standing there with his arms folded. I wasn't in the mood for all this shit tonight, I'm so exhausted and I just wanted to sleep. When I looked up at him, he didn't look like he was about to let this conversation go.

"We didn't drive all this way for nothing young lady. I want to meet the father of my first grandchild." He said in that demanding tone that he's good at doing. I sighed and walked away from him and went and sat down on the couch.

"McKenna, what's the big deal anyway? Is he married? Is that why you won't introduce him to me? If that bastard has a wife, I swear to god I will cut off his cock." Dad growled as he took a seat from across me, his arms resting on his thighs as he stared at me. How many times do I have to repeat myself?

"He's never been married Dad." I sighed, my hands rubbing over my belly as I felt the baby kick. He knows when his Mummy is upset, I think he does it to cheer me up.

"But he has children. What made you choose a guy that has kids? Surely he should've been safe and trying to prevent an accidental pregnancy." He just kept on going and going. This is why Mum was always around, Dad just never stops.

"It's not just his fault Dad, I slept with him while unprotected. I had forgotten to go into the doctor and get the injection I get every three months. And then when I did, they wouldn't give it to me because I had one night of sex without protection. Then a week later I peed on the stick that changed everything." I said as I rested my head against the back of the couch. He sighed and shook his head in disbelief, here we go another lecture. I had told Mum about all this, at least she didn't keep going on and on about it.

That week I was meant to go to the doctor as it was time for another shot, but I missed the appointment. Later that week Jace and I spent the night in the spa having sex, without anything protecting us as he thought I was still safe. Each time, which was several times he came inside. I guess we just got lost in the passion and ended up making a baby. And I had forgotten all about it until later the next day when the clinic called to remind me to go in.

"I'd expect this from Jordan, you know how much he fucks random sluts. Not from you, Gabrielle better keep her uterus kid free until she's finished her University degree. You're lucky that you have a good paying job at that fashion place." he shook his head, I snorted when he mentioned Jordan. He probably already has a dozen kids out there that we don't know about.

"Why didn't Gabby come?" I asked him, I was wondering why my little sister wasn't here. She's nineteen and studying to become a lawyer, I haven't spoken to her for a few weeks.

"She went on some trip to Europe with her friends for the summer." he smiled happily, I rolled my eyes. Of course she is and I bet Daddy paid for it too. I'll keep my mouth shut though because he did buy my this apartment when I left high school. That's the only thing I've asked from him though, I didn't want to sponge off his money.

"So, how old is this man?" he asked, for crying out loud! Is he ever going to shut the fuck up and let me sit here in peace?

"He's twenty six." I said in a bored tone and waited for the next question. I could see his mind ticking over with what he's going to ask next. When I went back home to stay with them, I never gave any details about Jace. It was my way of trying to deal with leaving him behind and walking away with his kid.

"How old are his kids?" he asked and I can see him when I tell him, he's not going to be too impressed.

"Lily is ten in a couple of weeks and Emmy and Ruby are eight." I said and as soon as I said their ages, his eyes widened briefly before he frowned.