Bells Are Ringing

Bells Are Ringing

15th March (Izzy 19 weeks and 2 days)

Declan's POV

Looking around the nursery, I grinned with a mixture of happiness and excitement. I've finally finished making up the twins room and Bell is going to love it. After finding out the sex of the babies last week during the ultrasound, it was easier to get it all ready. I have even put the names we have picked out above each crib, and in matching colours of the linen. The boys are also excited to be getting some new playmates soon, and this house is going to be very crazy.

Tonight we are going over to Dad's for dinner, an early birthday for me. I'll be turning twenty six in two more days and since it's Saturday today, it was a better night to have get together. It's also going to be interesting, as Sam is introducing us to this boyfriend that she's been keeping secret from us. I do know that my wife knows something, but she hasn't told me. She did say it wasn't her place to tell but Sam's. Maybe he's like fifty years old or something? Fuck he better not be, she's only eighteen.

I've heard the story of Bell's Aunt Charlotte and her first husband. He was like twenty five years her senior. Fuck, that makes me sick just thinking about that. Bell has said that I can't get mad, but it's really hard not to be. I can't stop thinking about it once I heard he was coming for dinner tonight.

"Dec? Where are you?" Bell called out from behind the door. I turned around and walked towards it, slowly opening it and then looking out to see where she was. When I saw her, I chuckled lightly. Her hair was sticking in all directions and she was waddling slowly along the hall way.

"I'm here babe." I smiled as I closed the nursery door behind me. She knows I've been in there, so I should show her. My wife doesn't take to well to waiting, especially when she's pregnant.

"Your babies are giving me the worst heartburn ever." She grumbled as I met her halfway along. My arms wrapped around her, her protruding bump pressed lightly into my stomach. I felt her arms wrap around my waist and as she leaned her head against my chest, I kissed the top of her head.

"So they are only mine when they are causing you grief?" I chuckled softly and then rubbed my hands slowly up and down her back. She hasn't been sleeping that well and her back has been aching quite a lot. It's actually quite worrying that she's in so much pain all the time. I just hope that she can carry the babies, and not have any complications. Dad is keeping a close eye on her, she is short and way too thin. That just concerns me more.

"Yep." She giggled and then lifted her face up to look at me, her gorgeous eyes were looking so tired. Her whole face looks worn out, even if she does stay in bed for half the day.

"Will you be alright tonight? I can call Dad and we can make it for another night?" I asked her as I kept my eyes on hers, I feel like I've aged ten years in just three months. Bell is not coping well with this pregnancy at all, and it's got me shit scared that something is going to happen to her. Or to our babies.

"I'll be alright baby. I'm kinda glad Mum offered to have the boys for the weekend, so I can try and rest." She smiled softly and then pressed her face back into me. I tightened my arms around her and just held her. Bell is my world and I can't stand to see her in any kind of pain, even if it is to have my kids.

"Do you want to see the nursery?" I asked softly and as I mentioned it, she had let me go and a big grin had spread across her face.

"Yeah, I've been dying to see what you've done in there." She grinned and then grabbed my hand and dragged me to the door of the nursery. I reached for the handle before she did, and then leaned down and pecked her lips softly.