Chapter 55

Ebony's POV

"Mom?" We both said. I stared at my mother from head to toe. She still had her beautiful brown skin but she wasn't really thick like she was before but she was nows skinny thick.

Her once long thick hair was now a burgundy ombré Bob cut. She looked absolutely beautiful just how she looked before dad died.

"Hey. Y'all look great." She said.

Drew ran out and got in his car and drove off.  I really didn't know what was with him.

"Maybe me coming here was a mistake." She said.

"No. It's not." Wayne said . "Come on Eb, talk to her please." He whispered in my ear.

"I'm sorry Ebony. I just don't know what happened, after your father's accident .I just changed. I'm ready to be there for you two." she said.

"Sorry? That's all you can say. Every time  you hurt you would apologize and then turn around the next day and do it again. I had to get a job at 13 just to make sure Drew and I had something to eat. 

We cried when those nights when you didn't come home. Since you now wanna be a good mother, lemme tell you how I was bullied and hurt through half of my life. How kids didn't wanna play with me cause I'm the obese girl.

How you made me even more insecure. How I even had miscarriage, my husband and his mother was there to get it off my mind instead of my mother. All you did to me is just say sorry. Actions speak louder than word! I don't want your apology, I want you to show  me how you're sorry!" I said crying. I couldn't take it I ran upstairs to the room.

To be honest, it just hurts to see my mother come home and she tries to act like everything's ok. I just wanted to tell her how I felt, how she made me feel.

I heard a knock and Wayne walked in. "Come on ma, you got your mom crying downstairs." He said.

"Where did you find her?" I asked.

"She came to my office. Listen baby, I just wanted to make you guys happy." He said.

"I love you." I said kissing him.

"I love you too Lil thickums. " he said.  "Now to downstairs and talk to ya mom." He said then smacking my ass.

I went down stairs to see my mom still crying while Mama Valerie, Mama Avery, Ava, Lynda, Tika, Briana and Belle trying to make her feel better .

"Can we talk alone?" I asked. She nodded and followed me into the family room.

"Mo-." I sad before she cut me off.

"Ebony I know I always say sorry and don't do the actions. Baby girl, I want change you're daughter and I don't wanna end up on the wrong path again." She said.

I smiled. "If you have truly changed Ok I forgive you but please at least show it." I said.

"Anything for you. Where's my grandbabies?" She asked.

Indy and Autty walked. "Hi cuties." She said.

"Hi I'm Autumn." Autumn said. While Autumn was telling my mom about her. India his behind me .

"And who's the beauty ?" Mom said referring to Indy.

"I'm India." She said shyly.

"Well, aren't you shy." Mom said.

"India?! Nope not even she like a talking machine." Autumn said.

"Oh really?" She said.

"Who are you?" India asked.