Chapter 25

Tika and her husband Lance on the side.

Wayne's POV

"Nigga wake the fuck up! Its 12 in the afternoon!" Vince yelled banging my bedroom door.

"Vince shut the hell up. You know there's people that live here too!"  I heard Drew yelling at Vince.

I been in my room for the longest since Ebony got shot. I felt like a mess. While I was watching TV out of nowhere Vince and Drew got inside my door.

"How the hell you get in here when the door was locked?" I asked.

"I got my ways nigga." He said. "And come on ya been in ya bed since Ebony got shot.' He said.

" So why you bothering me?" I said.

"Cause we have to go to the mall." He said .

"Why?" I said putting my face into my pillow.

"Well cause I'm um.... Finna propose to Ava." He said. I picked my head up and smiled.

"Damn nigga, I see tryna get it together before the kid pop out." I said.

"Yea Bruh, I'm tryna make ha wifey." He said.

"So what does this have to do with me?" I asked.

"Well since Ebony in coma, I want ya to help me find a ring for her." He said.

"Listen I know we been niggas since diaper days but don't mean you bout have me look at wedding rings with ya." I said.

"That's why we taking Autumn and Drew since they always with Ava they probably know what type of ring she might like." He said.

*At the mall*

We been in this food court for an hour since Autumn, Vince and Drew fat asses wanted to eat. Then the part that pissed me off the most was when they tried to bring the food into the jewelry store knowing damn well they can't eat in there.

"Are y'all fat asses done eating?" I asked. They all nodded their heads . We made our way to the store.

"Autumn show us which ring Auntie Ava said she was in love with." I said.

"That one." She said pointing to a silver wedding ring with a nice big ass rock on it.

"How much is the engagement and wedding rings?" Vince asked the owner.

"Well together it $34,000." He said. Vince paid the owner and we were leaving until I heard someone say my name.

"Wayne." The voice said. I turned to see Tika and some dark skin tall guy next to her.

"Hey Tika." I said as we hugged.

"Hey. This is my husband Lance, Lance this is Wayne my uncle was telling you about." She said.

"Nice to meet ya." Lance said. " I'm sorry to hear about your girl." He said.

"Yea hopefully she wakes up soon. Oh my bad, this is my best friend Vince, Ebony's little brother Drew and my daughter Autumn." I said.

"How you doing princess?" Lance said.

"I'm good. Are Ms. Tika husband?" She asked.

"Yea. Hopefully our daughter comes out as beautiful as you." He said.

"Aww thank you." She said .

"So I'll see you at the hospital." Tika said.

"Yea." I said.