Chapter 19

Vince on side .

Drew's POV

I was in my last class for the day Science . While everybody was sitting there talking I was busy staring at Belle. She was so beautiful with her flawless dark skin and her thick shoulder length hair . She was truly a goddess but I wish she would just see it.

"Drew!" Steven yelled.

"Damn what?" I said.

"Bruh you good? I been calling your name for a good 5 minutes." He said.

"Sorry I was busy." I said.

"Mhm busy staring at Belle Miller." He said.

"I mean man who wouldn't stare she so damn beautiful, her skin, her personality and her eyes shesh don't even get me started." I said.

"Sounds like someone's in love." He said.

Maybe he was right. Maybe I am feeling Belle.

"Man we just got into the 8th grade shut up. what's up with you and Briana ?" I said.

"I don't even know she must be on her period cause when I went to her locker this morning with candy she ate it all and called me the best boyfriend ever and then she yelled at me." He said making me laugh.

"Hey Steven." Briana said.

"Hey baby girl. You good now?" Steven said.

"Yeah I'm fine. Oh hey Drew, I seen ya eyeing my girl Belle over there." She said.

"Um Yea." I said.

"You like her don't you?" She asked. Before I could answer the teacher walked and began class.

As I noticed some of the other guys in our class was making fun of her.

"Damn I would never want a dark skin girlfriend. Light skin where its at!" Paul said.

"Right! Them dark skin girls ain't got shit on these light skin girls . Right Drew ?". Dillon said.

I looked up to see Belle staring at me waiting to hear what I have to say.

" Nah Bruh dark skin girls are pretty too." I said.

"Man whatever." Paul and Dillon said.

I looked to see Belle blushing with a small smile on her face.

"Ok class before we leave I'm going to assign partners for the project." Mr. Lowes said.

I didn't really pay attention until I heard my name.

"And Belle and Drew." He said.

This is perfect, we're both partners now I can have a chance to get closer to her.

"So I'll just do all the work and you can present." Belle said as she sat down next to me.

"No we both are gonna do the work and present that's what partners do." I said.

I could tell every person she worked with did that to her probably all the time.

"Why are you so nice to me?" She asked.

"Why wouldn't I ? Listen I just want to be a least your friend." I said.

"I guess but with a girl looks like charcoal like Paul and Dillon said." She said.

"I think your beautiful as ever. I mean in my head your like a goddess." I said.

She looked away and blushed.