Chapter 54

"What are we doing in Lekki?" Ara asked when Prince Ire stopped the car at the front of a nice building. Beautiful and not very big like some houses she had seen.

"Here is my house in Lekki." Prince Ire replied. "I've left the palace for some days now. I'm trying to avoid my Dad and some of my relatives. They've been on my neck and wouldn't stop calling me. That's the reason why the phone with my hot line had been switched off." Prince Ire explained, his eyes fixed on Aramade expressing how bad he was feeling. "I'm trying to clear my head because it's very obvious some people are out there to destroy me for no reason."

Ara felt bad watching him speak in such manner. He seemed tired but trying not to show it. She felt like hugging him, telling him everything would definitely be alright. She moved her hand and held his in her palm. "I'm sorry about everything that happened," Ara said. "I knew you would never do such a thing and it's very clear someone framed you using your differences with her. But don't ever forget there is someone here who loves you still. Never forget there is someone here who is ready to listen to all your troubles, fears and still stay with you. Never forget I'm here to stand by you. Support you. Fight with you. And believe in you."

Prince Ire's lips parted, and a smile Ara had never seen appeared to his face. A smile mixed with fear and lots of happiness. "You are so sweet," he whispered to her. Prince Ire turned to the door beside him and brought out what he kept in there. He stretched it out to Ara without saying a word. He promised himself he was going to show Ara when next they get to meet and he was glad he didn't forget. Aramade collected the brown envelope and dipped her hand inside. Slowly, she dragged out what was in there and they were pictures of herself and Prince Ire. Aramade looked up at Prince Ire. "Where did you get this?"

"I think someone followed us the day I took you out. They took these pictures and dropped it when I brought you to your place. Remember I escorted you to your house before returning back to my car."

Ara nodded. She could remember vividly. "Yes, I can remember," she said. "They must have dropped it at that particular time you were with me. Could it be the same person who left these pictures was the one who uploaded the video which went viral?"

"No," Prince Ire shook his head and told her it was Joy who did it. Ara couldn't believe her ears when Ire told her the whole drama which took place some days ago. "Let's go in," Prince Ire quickly said before they opened up another topic again.

Walking into the sitting room, Ara was amazed by the view before her. The sitting room was large and extremely gorgeous. "You have a nice place here," she said with a genuine smile, looking about to admire what was in there. "So beautiful."

"Not as beautiful as you." Prince Ire dropped his car key on one of the settee in the sitting room. He moved closer to Ara and held her waist from behind. "What have you been doing behind my back?"

Aramade smiled, consumed by a tingling sensation that made her body suddenly weak. She slowly turned to him with her hands resting on his shoulder before speaking up. "Doing behind your back! I don't get?" She repeated. "Have been moody and alone in these five days. I've missed your voice, your laughter, your cute face and I've missed calling you mumu." She ended it with a quiet laugh.

"And what about yesterday night?"

Aramade paused when she heard that. She didn't know what Prince Ire was talking about yet. "Last night?" She repeated, trying to recollect anything related to what Prince Ire was saying. It took her few seconds before she finally understood what was going on. Her two hands dropped from his shoulder and she laughed when her brain finally processed Prince Ire's statement "oh my gawd! Are you for real? You knew I was with Ayoola last night. Isn't that what you are stylishly asking me?"

Prince Ire gave her a look wondering why she was laughing so hard about that. "Hmm... You now call him Ayoola too?"

Ara couldn't help it. She laughed so hard making fun of Prince Ire. "Uncle, I call you Ire too."

Prince Ire finally smiled. "Damola sent the picture to me. I guess he updated it on his whatsapp status. Sincerely, since last night, I haven't been myself."

Ara's laughter was a little bit loud listening to his confession this time. She somehow loved the fact that he was jealous and didn't try to hide it from her. Her two hands returned to his shoulder, holding him by his neck. "I can't believe this. So you weren't planning on talking to me at all. Don't you know I've been worried and haven't been myself too."

Prince Ire shook his head at her. "I wouldn't do such a thing. I was even embarrassed to face you cause I know you must have heard about the news. I wanted to clear my head and try to get the person who sent me that pictures. I didn't want to involve you, so I tried to isolate myself for some days but with what I saw yesterday, your uncle couldn't hold back. I went into coma sincerely."

Ara's laughter filled the whole room. Ire could be extremely fun with the way he replied at times. Ara couldn't help laughing at Prince Ire's last statement. It was fun laughing at the silly things he says even though some were not that funny as she took them sometimes. Prince Ire's phone rang for the second time again interrupting his happy moment with Aramade. Ara stared at him. "They won't stop calling you. Are you going to leave again?"

Prince Ire smiled at her. He dipped his hand into his pocket and brought out his phone. He handed it over to her. "Now you make the decision cause I'm spending the day with you."

Ara rolled her eyes at him for playing the role of a gentleman. She smiled and went straight to the power off button. "Now the phone is off. How do  we start the day?"

Prince Ire's eyes landed on her lips. "By kissing you," he said and claimed the dose he had been anticipating since Ara got into his car.