Chapter seventy eight

78

"🎶When my heart is overwhelmed
Troubles feel like they won't end,
I will hold on to your peace and rest in you..... Situations standing tall, and the mountains very high, I will never lose my faith I will trust in you." Prince Ire sang, capturing every mind on the seats with his voice. They've heard amazing voices all their lives, but they missed out on one and they couldn't help but watch him as he continued. Though he had never done such before, he sang from his heart like he would have taken every other song so passionately. "🎶Oh oh oh oh oh oh, oh oh oh oh oh.... I will hold on to your peace and rest in you. Oh oh oh oh oh oh, oh oh oh oh oh.... I will never lose my faith I will trust in you." Slowly, Prince Ire's hand was balled into a fist directing it towards the drummer who stopped the drum, including the instruments. 

For some seconds, Prince Ire held the microphone with his eyes closed again. He had been long he stepped into the church since he came back to Nigeria but there were some christian songs he couldn't live without listening to. Slowly, he came in with another song. "🎶See the way you love me." That first statement brought almost everyone on their feet. At that moment, they couldn't just sit and watch any longer. They were into his voice, into the song and their spirit became lifted. Prince Ire moved forward with his eyes still closed as he continued. "🎶see the way you care for me. You carry my matter for your head o...E na'eme obi na som." He was no longer the only one singing. The whole congregation had joined him in singing with their happy voices. "🎶like a little baby. You watch over me. You no dey carry me dey play o.... E na'eme obi na som."

🎶Ah ah ah ah
Ah ah ah ah.....
Obina som oh ooo...
E na'eme obi na som.

The instruments stopped again, and slowly, he added another song. "🎶 All things are working for my good. He's intentional. Never failing..." The drum and the instruments came in slowly with it, and immediately everyone joined him in singing the next part. Slowly, they took it together again. "🎶I know that all things are working for my good, he's intentional, never failing....I don't have to worry cause, it's working for me!"

"Common!"

"It's working for me!" The whole congregation yelled. "I believe it's working for me..."

"Yes!"

"It's working for me!"

Prince Ire smiled. He was finally enjoying himself and slowly he laughed. "Let's take this," he said slowly, but suddenly his voice came out louder. "🎶First it was fragrance!"

The way his voice vibrated through all the speakers of the church caused everyone to yell, became even more excited and very filled to sing again.

He stopped, and repeated again. This time around the sound coming from the drum set was loud, making repeated hits for the song. "Haha! 🎶I say first it was fragrance! Then it turned to fire!" His eyes were no longer closed as everyone joined him singing. "🎶My worship is my weapon. This is how I win my battle!"

The excitement coming from the congregation helped him to really enjoyed himself too. He wanted to keep singing but he knew his time was going. At first, he didn't want to say much. His initial plan was to sing at least one song and added little to whatever Moyin planned on saying. But instead, the opposite happened. He was excited and wanted to keep singing. Everything he went through really pushed him to sing more than he wanted to. Somehow he realised it had been God all through. He realised God was merciful to him. His mom did her best to talk to him and his siblings about God several times. Some years ago, he could remember telling himself his mom's own was too much. He could remember telling himself prayer was nothing. God does not exist. Life has nothing to offer, and everything his mom kept telling him wasn't necessary.  But few years back, God chased him down. And here he was, becoming a man he never imagined he could become.