Chapter 42

The following night, Prince Ire came to see her again. Both of them walked through the busy road getting to know each other more. They talked, laughed, bought the same suya they bought the other night again. This time, Aramade volunteered to carry the nylon to avoid someone eating five before she could get to pick one out of the suya. Prince Ire agreed and it was going well until Ara thought a ghost appeared and snatched the suya away from her hand.

Prince Ire took his time to laugh well. He repeated the same thing Ara did to him the other night. He quickly snatched away the nylon when he realized the suya was almost finished. His mouth was filled up like a blown balloon too, trying not to laugh by keeping his mouth closed. Prince Ire thought that was the silliest thing for a guy like him to do, but he didn't feel shy acting silly in front of Aramade who after recovering from the shock started to laugh. It came all of a sudden. It came surprising. It came unexpected because Prince Ire obeyed by picking just one after she had picked one too. And that was how they did it until it was snatched away from her.

They had fun. This time, they didn't just buy suya, they bought drinks on top of it. Ara took Prince Ire to where they sell just the same cow skin they bought the other day. To avoid fighting over it, they bought it separately. Everything that happened was something Prince Ire had never done. To buy things by the side of the road, eat on the road, eat in a public place like that, run on the road, laugh, and even allow people to stare at him like a teenager who doesn't know what he's doing. But he did know what he was doing. He was in his right senses. Trying to show Ara he could be all she ever wanted. That man she could play with, laugh with, run with, eat with, and act silly with. It was fun.

They threw their bottles away, after then, Ara spoke up. "So you didn't ask me if I'm planning to come back to the palace or not?"

Prince Ire looked down at her. "Since you've brought it up, I don't want you to come back. I don't want you to come working in the palace anymore. It's dangerous."

"So, anyone can just come into the palace and leave just like that?"

Prince Ire shook his head. "No actually. But since you work for me. Yes."

Ara smiled. "The way you reply sometimes."

"You like it?"

"Very." Ara exaggerated, and the two ended up laughing at each other.

As they trekked back to the shop, Ara wish Prince Ire wouldn't leave. She wished the time would suddenly turn out very slow just for them to have the best fun of their lives. But time wouldn't listen to Aramade. It was almost ten. Time for her to return back home. Time for Prince Ire to be on his way back to the palace.

When they got back to the shop, Prince Ire rested on his car. He noticed Ara had a different look on her face which he knew why but still went ahead and asked. "Are you okay?"

Ara eyed him. "Is there a drug for someone who is already missing another someone so as not miss that someone?"

Prince Ire chuckled slowly, looking straight into Aramade's eyes. His left hand went up to her very fair and smooth neck. He wanted to feel her temperature, only for his to become high by touching her. He rejected what was gathering in his mind and went ahead to feel her temperature still "Shhhhhhhhh. Remember I'm a doctor. I can detect what's wrong with you and save your life."

Aramade laughed. "We seem to be suffering from a different virus. But I think we are both not alright."

The two burst out laughing. "You really seem to be funny Ara." Prince Ire confessed as the two climbed into the car. But then, Ara knew she would never have said something like that in her life to someone like Prince Ire. Despite the fact that Ara now get to see Prince Ire in another way, she realized he was still that calm and cool guy.