Chapter 21

Just like Prince Ire said, they branched a store with women collections and got Ara a new gown. It was totally different from what she was putting on before. The moment she saw the dark blue gown, she fell in love with it. It was simple yet classy. It had puff shoulders with long sleeve hands reaching her wrists. It was a fitted gown, bringing her natural endowment to be admired. The gown was a bit below her knees, with a small slit behind for her to walk comfortably. The dress gave her a look of a boss lady accompanying her fiance. Ara laughed at the mirror, wondering if that was her or not. The look was simple and not shouty at all. Not exposing any part of her body as well. She loved it. And the dress wasn't expensive. Of course, she checked the price tag before admiring it on her body. It was necessary.

When they made their way into the hall, it was indeed full. Ara confused the event for a wedding party with how glamorous the hall was. The seats were arranged just like wedding decorations were made. Standing at each corner, Ara recognized them, they were ushers hired for the event. She smiled, remembering when she had to stand for long on her heels only to get back home and nurse her painful legs. She was captivated by the beauty of the hall. People were busy greeting, shaking hands and laughing. They looked so excited to come together again.

Ara saw ladies around her age range and guys suited up, looking fresh like the real Yoruba demons. Dangerously handsome and conversing with clean accents. Ara had met young, successful guys who are really doing well, but of course, these men don't go for anyhow ladies. You will have to come to that level and roll in the caucus. It takes levels. If you are not on their level with no good education, no affluent background, no good job, and you fall into their hands...soon, Ara knew you will fall out of their hands. Even if love gave you a chance with them, their family might never give you the chance. Ara knew there were people behind deciding the future of some of them.

Still, they arrived early which Ara was excited about. The way Prince Ire was constantly looking down at his phone, it was as if she was delaying him from something. Ara was done feeding her eyes, immediately turning beside her. "Sir where should we--" she paused. Then looked around. And looked around. Prince Ire was no where to be found.

"Where has he gone to without telling me?" Ara walked back, searching with her eyes for the chocolate dripping, tall, broad shoulder Prince, whose muscles were rippling beneath the material of his suit with black shades covering the eyes that was always stealing glances at her. Without a single lie, Ara stole more glances at him while they were coming. He was hot. And he wasn't just hot, he was a fine man with gentle features that get ladies tripping. He stayed quiet during the whole drive, biting on his lips. Ara wondered if something was wrong with her with the sudden feeling, but she couldn't get herself with the way he bite his lips and lick his buttom lip...oh gwad! It wasn't just hot, it was damn sexy.

Ara quickly warned her thoughts before getting out of hands and threw it out of the car because she knew Prince Ire never cared for her than just a worker. She better behave like someone with work mode senses. While she was suffering her neck, stealing glances at him, he was so poised and relaxed that Ara thought his main focus was only on the road. Ara was starting to notice little things about him. He liked soft music with a slower tempo that calms the mind. He never liked noise. Ara wanted a correct naija music but the guy beside him doesn't fancy it. Till they got to the event, the only single naija song he played was by Johnny Drille. Ara had come to know many naija artiste because of her sister Omoh, who was always rehearsing with the songs and would mention the artiste to her.  

All Ara was admiring during the time they were together was how the suit filled up his whole body without any inch left. He looked like a gym instructor, but Ara had never seen him gym despite all the food he consumed. If there was also one thing he noticed about him, he realized Prince Ire spent money on things he liked. His black shades and watch don't look ordinary, yet they look simple but spoke volumes. Ara could remember they entered the hall together, walking side by side before she was totally carried away by the beauty of the hall. Where could he be?