Chapter 40

Prince Ire couldn't help the smile that appeared on his face after reading Ara's message. He wasn't expecting that though. He knew Ara's mom was trying not to let him see her. He wasn't a baby who finds it difficult to understand something as simple as that. He told himself he would have to wait and he wasn't in a hurry this time around. Ara not coming back wasn't their agreement. He told her she would resume back to work the next day and here was the day almost coming to night. This was the same reason why he never trust people too much.

He had to drive down to their shop and he was glad he met her. Only for her to disappear again. This time, he knew she must have told her mom something for Intentionally taking such act. Prince Ire locked his phone and finally lifted his head up. Only to be face to face with Ara's mom. They looked at each other for a second before Prince Ire finally spoke up. "Good afternoon ma." He greeted with a bow even though beneath him, he feared being rejected. He was used to being accepted in the circle of people who knew his identity.

"Good afternoon sir," Ara's mom greeted with respect. He was a Prince from what her daughter told her. And without anyone telling her, she knew men of status either young or old need to be treated with respect in whatsoever condition. "Please have a seat and let them get you something cold from the freezer. What drink would you prefer?"

Without introducing himself, Prince Ire seemed to realize Ara had done that already because of how her mom approached him with lots of respect. But at first, Prince Ire thought with how hard and strictly those eyes were looking, he was going to be scared away, but he wasn't. Just looking at Ara's mother, apart from the shape Ara inherited, Ara doesn't take after her mom's fierce spirit at all. Instead, she was too cold, gentle and take things too easy. But matching Omoh's behavior with their mom, Prince Ire concluded Ara's younger sister took after their mom. Thinking of what he could say, he wasn't good with lie, but depending on who you lie to, Prince Ire replied. "Actually, Ara told me her mom does all these and have always wanted to learn how to bake ma. That's why I'm here."

Ara's mom just stared at Prince Ire in return with different thoughts running through her mind. She wasn't Aramade who would be easily fooled by that. That girl doesn't resemble her one bit. She just took after her Dad with that gullible brain. Ara's mom spoke up. "Please seat and let them get you something to take. I know you are here for Ara and I just sent her an errand. She will be back in few minutes."

"Oh!" This time, Prince Ire couldn't talk. He knew Ara's mom just lied. Mothers would always be the same with some characters. They know you are lying, and they will also do the same by lying to you in return just to get the truth out of you. That made Prince Ire remember when he liked playing football back in secondary school days. He would sneak out after he had been warned severally by his mom. One day, he came home only to lie to his mom he left some minutes ago, while his mom kept repeating she saw him at the gate when he left in the morning. She said it to the point that Prince Ire believed his mom was telling the truth, only for his mom to confess to him later that she used brain for him. Don't forget I'm a lawyer and I'm your mom.

Susan who couldn't stop looking at Prince Ire was wowed by his gentle looks and calmness. She couldn't stop thinking about Prince Ire grabbing her and just take her to bed. Just a look at his hot body, she concluded he would be damn good in bed. The egg she was trying to crack was successfully cracked but both the whitish liquid and the yoke went inside the water she was using to mix her flower.  "Ah!"

"Alubosa!" Ara's mom who had been watching her gave her a hot slap. It was the second time of her making those simple mistakes after wasting the first flower by adding too much water because she was watching Prince Ire. "They will not concentrate again!" Ara's mom shouted. "That's why they don't know anything. Their brain is full of men. You better ask me, because that stupid thing you want to die for is what I'm tired of today. Somebody will work like a clock, only for someone to come and grab me like a dieing hen! Don't finish me o!"