Chapter 56

"I brought Joy to the palace."

That statement got Derin a stare, but immediately, she completed it.

"I brought Joy to the palace because I wanted to help with your friend's case." Derin finished her statement, looking straight at Prince Ire who wasn't really sure if she was trying her best not to be recognized by few people around them or not. Derin felt a bit comfortable. That wasn't her first time sitting alone with Prince Ire but that happened a long time ago. When they were still together. But then, she wasn't used to Prince Ire sitting and just staring at her without emotions. No smile, nothing at all. It was a different situation entirely when they were still together. He would have made her smile, laugh, curse, and even shout. But now, he was barely looking at her and it was very obvious to her. Derin decided to continued. "I was the one who brought her to the Queen. I never knew her sister once worked at the palace nor do I know she has an elder sister." Derin said honestly.

"When I met her, she seemed really nice and I took interest in her. I told her she could work in the palace only on one condition." Derin paused a bit nervous.

"And what was the condition?" Prince Ire finally talked, not looking into her eye. But then, it came out like a whisper. Eager to hear her response, he gave her a quick look which she caught. His eyes had always being her favourite. Because of the way he used to look at her. So magical. Sensual. And those eyes drove her crazy many times. Derin knew he was eager to listen to her and continued. She cleared her throat. "The condition was to find all the evidence you had with you. Both tapes, documents and every other thing." Derin confessed. "I promised her a sum of one millionaire Naira. And no matter what happens, I promised to bail her out. Actually, I didn't want you to know I was helping. The initial plan was for her to get those things to me, and once I'm done with them, she returns it back. But....she actually had something else in mind and flop up the whole thing."

Prince Ire finally settled his eyes on her. She was still the old Derin. The compassionate Derin. "Who's helping you?" He asked.

"Hmm..." Derin cleared her throat, not sure whether to tell the truth or not. She doesn't know how Prince Ire would react. Another look from Prince Ire quickly made her voice out. "Governor. He helped me. I told him the reason you decided to come to Nigeria in the first place. I told him you came to help a friend and I decided to also come around for vacation. And from there..."

"You met him at the party you went for." Prince Ire concluded slowly, fixing his eyes on her.  "Now, you need my permission for Joy to be released?"

Derin nodded in reply. "I'm sorry for everything Damire." She called him the only way she used to call him. Those words came out with regret. It felt as if Derin wasn't just apologizing for the incident that happened but for her previous mistakes. Though she was putting on a sunglasses, still...her tears rolled down to the her jaw, and the sound she had been trying to keep to herself came out. "I'm sorry for all the troubles have caused you. Now that I tried to help you again, I end up making you look bad to everyone. I'm angry at myself because a lot of people are hating you for what you never did now." Derin looked up finally realized the state she was in. She wiped away the tears on her face while her sunshade was still on. She sniffed and remained still. "I'm deeply sorry."

Prince Ire sighed and stared at Derin this time. "Look at you crying like a little baby that lost her candy. Queen D, you are a big girl in case you finally realize I'm older than you."

That finally got Derin smiling and stopped crying. The atmosphere instantly changed to her favour and immediately, she felt relaxed, calm and better. She chuckled. "Thank you Ire. Hey Queen D, you are a big girl okay." She told herself and laughed about it.

Hitting his hand on the glass of wine before him, Prince Ire nodded in reply but ended up smiling at Derin's little drama. He finally got to look at her after then. He realized Derin looked stressed out. But glowing differently. More beautiful now that she was even more richer. Her bust looked more fuller and her body.... Prince Ire stopped himself from looking anymore. He instantly diverted his attention back to her face. He shouldn't admire her too much. Now he had someone new in his life and he was excited about how things were going.

"So, I guess you were the one who sent all the evidence to them cause I got a call today and I was promised his release will be done in forty eight hours." Prince Ire continued their conversation.

Derin smiled. "I'm really happy to hear that. Governor did actually. I'm glad things worked out well," she said. She was no longer feeling awkward and seemed more free and cheerful.

Prince Ire pressed one of his two wireless earpiece and connected it to his phone. He dialed a number from his phone and before the second ring, a voice greeted. "Hello sir."

"Someone is coming over to pick Joy. Let her go. Will get in touch with you later. Bye." The call dropped. Prince Ire looked up at Derin. "Any other thing?"

"No." Derin replied shortly, dragging a brown paper towards Prince Ire. "Here are the documents, tapes and everything she gave to me. I'm returning them back to you. And you should know nothing happened to them. None was burnt. Except that, the tape with the viral video isn't here. She didn't give that to me."

"Okay." Prince Ire got up with the brown file. "Thanks so much for the assistance. Please take care."

"You too." Derin replied.

Fixing his dark shades, Derin watched how those beautiful eyes were instantly hidden behind his dark shades. Prince Ire dipped his phone inside his left pocket and brought out his car key from his right pocket. Behind Derin's very dark shades, she admired the veins popping out of his strong hands. Those hands once held her, caress her, and did the unimaginable things to her. At the end, she knew she just lost one of the precious gems God brought to earth in bodily form. That one man who loved her with her past. Slowly, her lips tasted the salty tears that rolled down her face. She looked up for the last time and saw Prince Ire drove out of the compound in his Porsche.