The Beginning 1

Happy New Yearrrrrrrr😄
Just few hours to go though
Let's kick this into 2020
I LOVE YOU
YOU KNOW HOW WE DO IT GUYS 😊😊I'M BACK TO YOUR SUPPORT MEANS A LOT TO ME.
YOU ARE GOING TO LOVE IT. PLEASE ENJOY.

•••••

The biggest palace in Nigeria is offering a job to ten lucky ladies. Fifty entries only in the next ten minutes.
Do you have what it takes to serve in the king's palace?
Are you beautiful?
Outspoken?
Educated?
And good at minding your own business?
Work in the palace and earn hundred thousand naira weekly.

"Hundred thousand naira weekly." Ara repeated quietly as she read the broadcast all over again. The job was like a jackpot to everyone reading the broadcast already. Good at minding your own business didn't occur to her yet. Was not even sure she remembered reading that part. The hundred thousand naira weekly was the only thing on her mind. She was already calculating how much she would earn in a month by working in the palace.

Not even some certain white collar jobs pay that monthly talkless of earning that weekly. Ara hated checking on her Whatsapp groups except the 'Update on new jobs' group she just joined lately. She was always looking for jobs because she needed money. She could do any other job except stealing, sleeping with old men, and dancing round the pole suggested by one of her friends.

As the first born of her parents who already accepted their fate and never planned on having their children forward their education, Ara promised herself and her younger sibling that education was meant for them and she would make sure they finished well. Those jobs were to pay her university tuition fees, start a business, and save up for her younger sister.

What was next?

She clicked on the link to apply immediately without giving it a second thought. Multiplying hundred thousand naira by forty eight weeks, Ara couldn't believe she would be up to five million naira rich in one good year.

One good year, and she becomes a millionaire. Just like that?

Of course, no. She was going to work. She doesn't even know the kind of work she would be offered. But in one year, she would be done from the palace and gladly continue her education, start a business and begin a life for herself. 'Her dreams were finally going to come true.'

'Congratulations 👏 you just made it as the final candidate. You are number fifty. Dress well tomorrow, and fight for your space at the top ten. We hope you get another congratulations from us again. Bye Miss Aramade.'

Mad ooooooo

Ara shook her head. She immediately went back to the broadcast sent to the group. She was instantly rendered speechless when she saw that it was only three minutes and there was already fifty entries. 'Congratulations to the fastest fingers' she shook her head unbelievably at how the entries were completed so quickly. Ara sent her condolences to everyone still trying and might never get the same congratulations she got. She thanked herself for not overlooking the message when it came. She couldn't imagine missing a job like that. Whichever way, she told herself she needed to make it to the top ten. The money was important to her. She couldn't miss such an opportunity to become rich in one year.

•••••

Ara was finally on the Island, close to the biggest and highest palace in Nigeria. Ara didn't know much about the King, the princes, including the princesses and the workers. She doesn't know how the palace looked like. But it was impossible to ignore rumours that filled her ears with what she needed to know, or may be just enough for her to know what was going on in the palace.