Chapter 62

Page 1...

Page 2...

Page 3....

Omoh flipped through the pages until she finally found an interesting part to read.

"The Eagle," she began to read.

'Do you know Eagles love storm? They use it as an opportunity to fly higher above the clouds. Just like an eagle, no one is without storm. We all have our difficulties. We all have our challenges. We've failed, rejected sometimes we thought we deserve better. That is life. But have you ever thought about it this way? Rejection doesn't mean I'm not good. Rejection doesn't mean I don't deserve the win. It doesn't mean I'm not worthy of the position or deserve to be at my desired place.

It simply means, I've been given a platform to set up myself. To use my strength. To show my uniqueness. To stretch. To expand. To hope. To improve. To aim higher. Because the chance I thought I lost was the platform which showed me the level of my skill. So, I see the storm before me as a way to fight my way into progress. I see rejection as way of telling someone there is more improvement needs to be done.

Do you also know Eagles have strong vision? They love the ability to focus on something. To set out and get what they want. This is where focus comes in. You can't achieve anything in life until you are focused. Focus is like a fuel that drives you to your destination. Focus is that light that must not go off. Focus is that gurdian angel you need behind you, beside you and ahead of you to get to reach your desired destination. You can't run out of that fuel called, focus. It takes a lot from you when you don't have it. It takes away your dream, your passion, your zeal, your interest, waste your time because you suddenly does not know why or where you are heading to again. This is what Eagles never joke about. They are completely focused.'

"Hmm..." Omo heaved a sigh. She turned to the next page obviously wrapped up by the content served by the book. She had never taken her time read and for the first time in her life, she was totally lost in a book. She wished she was someone who really loved reading but she wasn't. She decided to take her time and continued.

'The Gold mind. Gold is never found on the surface. People dig with sweat, strength, time and energy. People who knows the worth dig and dig no matter the obstacles on their way. People who knows the value don't give up so easily. They get tired but instead, they rest and they go back to it. Not turn back from it. They get dirty but that wasn't enough to make them ashamed because they know what they are in for. Do you know what you carry? Do you know what's attached to your dreams? Do you know what's down inside of you? Do you know the worth of your dreams? Do you know the worth of the talent in you? Do you know what you could become if you never give up? There is a Gold worth millions in you. There is a talent you've discovered but there is tremendous work to do.

Hey, no one takes the medal until they pay the price for success. Even success dey look face. And to achieve success, people pay wih sweat. People invest in themselves. People give thier time. People stay Consistent. Committed. Hardwork. Pray. Pray. And Pray. There is a treasure stored inside everyone. But that treasure is attached to something you and I need to work on.
You've got to pay the price.

Omoh turned to the next page with a big sigh. Deep down, she was happy to have found an educative and motivational book for once in her life. She was an art student but she hated reading novels. She hated reading anything book. The only reason she went to an art class was because she wanted to study theater art. She wanted to become a top dancer, but her parents were against it. Dancer? Dancing naked around doing what? Are dancers rich? Are they paid well? Are they really recognized? She was never encouraged by her mom the most. But her elder sister, Aramade. She couldn't contain her love for her. She paid for her dancing classes. She bought her everything she needed. Aramade was the one supporting her dreams.

Some days ago, Aramade just gave her the Iphone11 she was just given by Prince Ire and collected the Iphone6 back from her. Sometimes, she wondered how reserved, supportive, and amazing her sister can be. Aramade made her to understand being recognized was not the problem, but how much effort do you put to show yourself you are doing well and how much do you celebrate your success? What are you doing to convince people you are in for this and you mean every damn business?

Omoh adjusted to a sitting position. She was lying on the bed before, but was no longer comfortable that way again. While she was reading the book, she had so much thoughts in her mind telling herself she would be more serious with her dancing classes again.

"So you are here? You didn't tell mom before leaving the shop shey? Your mama is in confusion asking people where you went to." Aramade walked into their room only to realize her sister wasn't even paying attention to her. She saw how extremely serious Omoh was with the book in her hand. No response, no greetings, not even a quick glance at her sister.

Aramade sat on the bed making fun of her sister. "Omoh, omoh! This your energy is just like giving your life to Christ again. How is it doing you?"

Omoh finally heard her sister. She moved the book away from her face laughing. "Sissy where did you get this life touching book?"

Aramade laughed. "Oshey! Life touching toh phor! Is doing you as if you want to preach shey?"

Omoh laughed with her sister. "Big sis, I'm in a serious mood right now. Where did you get this book? I saw like four there but I randomly chose this one. Sincerely, I wish have been reading for a long time."

When Aramade heard that, she fell from the bed to the carpet. She couldn't help it. All the energy Omoh was giving the book was really funny to her and she was totally consumed by her laughter. "You need to be calming down Omoh." She said. She could remember saying the same thing in the car the other day she read the book Prince Ire gave to her. But now, he personally gave her those four books to read and now, four mountains were before her.

Omoh continued to praise the book. "Sis, this book is everything I need. I will make sure I finish it tonight."

Aramade got up and just stared at her younger sister. As Omoh tried to say something else again, Aramade instantly cut her off. "Aunty everything that you need, please call mommy with my phone that you are at home already and lemme leave the house in peace," she said, dragging a black wrap top from their cupboard.

Omoh couldn't help it cause her sister's laughter can be contagious at times. "God will surprise you for me." Omoh returned back to reading.

Aramade just kept on laughing on her own. "God comman surprise me with money biko. Sister Omoh has prophesy into my life oh." 

Omoh pushed the book aside again and turned to her sister. "Going out this late night?"

"Ejhoor is just six in the evening. And yes, I'm going out, but around the area."

Omoh cleared her throat. "Hmm... Tell Prince Ire I have a YouTube channel oh. And you've not officially introduced me you know?"

Ara's laughter this time was quiet and slowly she rolled her eyes at her sister playfully. "You better face everything you need."

This time Omoh just had to laugh. "I swear Aunty Ara, character you be." The two sisters laughed and made fun of each other before Aramade left the room.