Chapter Forty-One

*** Quick Lil' Author's note - What can I say? Major slow updates on this story. Things come up and stuff happens in life but I WILL finish this story eventually. Extremely sorry to those that have stayed and waited for the remaining chapters. I promise that the plan has been set out for the story!! ***

Mayuri Kurotsuchi stood proudly infront of Captain Yamamato as he hoarsley asked "You called Sir?"Noticing the Captains distressed look, Mayuri edged closer towards him and his oversized oak desk to see books and papers covering it like a tornado had swept everything across the room.Before Mayuri could turn his gaze back, Yamamato flung a book into his eyesite; which was open to the pages that he had been reading.

"This worries me Mayuri... the last words of this tale, just as their creators shall be." Mayuri took the books in his pale, grisly hands, scanning the pages quickly for an understanding on Yamamato's troubles.

"Sir, Fables should be for children." Mayuri scoffed, as if his Captain had wasted his time summoning him. Sensing the hostilaty in his laugh, Yamamato slammed his hands on the desk causing all of the documents to jump.

"Do you think this is a joke Mayuri!" The captain exclaimed, spit exiting his mouth. Mayuri was taken back by the anger, as if an invisible force surrounded the captain. Yamamato took a deep breath and reverted back to his seat, nodding to the captain in front of him as an invitation to sit in the opposing chair. Slightly scared, Mayuri accepted.

"There is truth to this tale Mayuri, I can feel it. We must find more information now before it is too late. Bless the Heavens if I am incorrect for feeling this way." 

Surprised by the sudden change in the tone of Yamamato's voice, Mayuri nodded before saying "I will look in my personal collection right away and return with relevant information Sir." The captain sighed and burrowed his long white eyebrows in his hands after watching Mayuri exit the room.

"This one time, I pray to the God's that I'm wrong" he whispered to himself.

Time was moving slow for Yamamato as he waited for Mayuri's return, however it took less than forty minutes for him to hear a knock on his grand door. "Enter" he echoed. To his relief Mayuri's face crept round the door, followed by his arms which was carrying a stack of books. "As you requested Sir, would you like me to stay and research with you?" Mayuri questioned, which didn't receive and answer. Taking the silence as a yes, he placed the books down and began to disperse them into two piles.  

Both Captains examined every page of each book, looking for any insight to the problem in Yamamato's mind. To Mayuri's unfortunate suprise, the stories and information in each ancient book somehow linked back to Yamamato's original book "the great war". In order to make sense of it all, both Captains created a sea of data along the old wooden floor. Laying each relevant page open next to eachother as if creating a timeline. 

Mayuri stood back from the organised mess they had created, crossing his arms and shaking his head. Yamamato took a rest from glaring at the books pages to question Mayuri "what's wrong?"

"Something is wrong with the scriptures on every page that is open... They somehow work with the books that they have been encribed in but they also do not. It is as if secrets have been distributed across all of these books waiting to be connected together to reveal the truth."

Yamamato glared back at the books in shock before muttering "The truth will be found, even if it is the last thing I do..."

The darkness of the night sky began to fade as the morning sun crept through Yamamato's window. The pair were still on all fours, despretly rearranging the books to create a story line that made sense. Like children with puzzle pieces, they worked hard to complete the task. Just before the words started to begin to move out of sequence on their own, the Captains stopped staring at the pages to look at one another...

"It's done..." they whispered together.  

An unseen document was laid out before them but neither one of them was excited to read the unread. Regrettably the pair knew that the new-found prophecy needed to be found;

Both God's will be damned to reincarnate and finish their battle, resulting in total devastation; if not destruction for every realm. Each God, harbouring the hate for one another for many millenniums will finally come to a stand, revealing the true power of the final eternal god. Whether the God's find their vessels or not, the battle will still commence. However in order to unleash their full potential, the vessel bodies will need to give the divines permission. Ultimately allowing the God to be swapped to the main soul, allowing the transformation to the God's true form.