Chapter Thirteen

* * * * * Time skip to three weeks later/A week before the god games * * * * * 

* * * * * Ichigo's P.O.V * * * * * 

"ICHHHIIIGOOOO!!!" My father shouted from downstairs 

"What do you want old man!" I replied

"Old man? Im gonna jump kick your ass into neck week son..." pausing for a moment since he forget the reason why he actually shouted up to me. 

"Oh yeah, your friend Rukia's here to visit... I'll just send her up!" he quickly added as I heard footsteps starting to crash up the stairs. Crap! I'm like practically naked, I don't want Rukia to see my body. I quickly grabbed from the nearest clothes, which ended up being a pair of grey joggers and a white t-shirt. The door slung open just as got the top over my head and down my body. "Have you changed your attitude now? Am I speaking to the normal Ichigo or the depressing on?" Rukia asked as she intimidatingly pulled her face into mine. I let out a "Pft" noise and replied "what do you think" and stuck my tongue out, grabbed her face and pushed it away securing a harsh "Good, I can finally talk to you then." from Rukia. I could tell that she was slightly jealous about the amount of time I had spent with (Y/N) after all, I went from living to Rukia to practically spending 80% of my time with (Y/N). I felt quite bad for Rukia if she was upset about me neglecting her as a friend but there was always something about (Y/N) that made me want to be around her. Drifting into a day dream, Rukia snapped me back to reality when she coughed to get my attention and said "Hey you MORON! I didn't come here to watch you relapse, listen up. I have important stuff to talk about" as she grabbed my wooden desk seat, pulled it to face me and sat. 

"We need you to come to the Soul Society next week." She said.

"What for? Is something wrong?" I replied in panic.

"No. It's for an important event that every Soul reaper must be at?"

"And what event is this" I asked as I rolled my eyes to the back of my head, soon feeling a sharp pain at the top of my head from from Rukia catapulting one of my school books at it.

"Its called the God games" she huffed

"God Games? you've got to be kidding me" I chuckled

"Im serious Ichigo! stop being a child and act serious for once!"

My Face started to straighten out as I realised that Rukia meant business. She began to tell me everything I needed to know about the god games and continued to draw little bunnies to help me understand (Obviously drawn badly). 

"So your telling me, The god's help protect both of our worlds and the god games decides who get the strong enough to take the job on?" I asked.

"Yep thats basically it" she said in relief as it took me nearly half an hour to understand.

I hesitantly accepted to go to the so called god games but what concerned me the most about going, was leaving the human world behind for a week. It would then be left unprotected and in harm of being pursued by hallows. Without me to fight them off... who knows what will happen. Rukia saw the worry in my eyes and asked what was on my mind. "Im just worried about Hallows and stuff, if Im gone... who's going to fight them off?" 

"Don't worry about that Ichigo, with the god games coming up... I highly doubt they will even step foot out of hueco mundo. They're able to sense the spirit energy and then power of the youthful gods so its more likely for them to keep their distance as they fear the gods and what they could do." Even after Rukia's explanation, I still wasn't so convinced. If something were to happen to my friends and family while I was at a stupid game then I'd never forgive myself... I'd already lost one important person in my life so hell was I going to loose another. "Ichigo, I know you worried... but every soul reaper has to be there, even the substitute ones" Rukia added jokingly. "and even so, if a hollow does appear... I know Uryu, Chad and Orihime will be able to handle it. They're stronger than before... and If you're still worried we'll give them a phone to contact us while we're in the soul society..." she added and paused for my reply. 

"Alright, I'll go... but if anything happens Im dragging your sorry as back with me" 

"Of course You Moron!" Rukia screamed.