Chapter Sixteen: A run in

Logan was roaming ahead of me checking out the premises for danger. It was like I was some delicate dandelion in their eyes, just like Leandor viewed me. I was still bubbling with fumes of fury though with Elena that I didn't mind the extra pair of eyes on the look out.

How could Elena not tell me what the hell landed us in this awful predicament? It was a load of bull shit, that was what it was. Luther our past Alpha loved Elena and I as if we were his daughters. He even treated us better than his own sons sometimes. Luther always complimented us on our beauty and skills for she-wolves. We were, after all ranked the higheset in our female class.

I still remember Maybell's face when she saw my name on the number one spot. Just below me was Elena and then Maybell then all the other girls in our class.

Maybell was always looked at as the best of the best. Every male shifter wanted her as their own. Hell if I were a guy too I would have wanted her. She wasn't a slut but just very smart and athletic. She was the ideal mate. I was the ugly duckling of the pack not literally of course, but even Elena was viewed better than me.

If it weren't for Luther's constant admiration for me I think the whole pack would have disowned me. Yea, I was a bit of a bitch to numerous amounts of girls and people in general, but I was only being myself. There's never been anything wrong with being myself.

I walked close behind Logan as he drank from a small stream in a deserted meadow. It was a nice change of scenery instead of the constant view of forest and moss. This meadow was wide, filled with daisies and violets.

I made my way over to Logan and laid down, my nose just above the water. The stream gushed water at a smooth rate and I inhaled the fumes that relaxed every muscle in my body. I needed this. I had to get out and breathe. I deprived my wolf from being let out. She was restless and a bit angry at me for multiple reasons.

One, was that I hadn't let her out in a while. Two, was I wasn't letting her express her true colors. And three, was that I had ran away from our mate. A mate I didn't want. A mate she was drunk for.

Closing my eyes I allowed myself to drift off into an abyss of darkness. I welcomed it with open arms. I kept thinking over and over what might have caused Luther to so quickly change his perspective of Elena and I. It was almost instantaneous the way he changed. It was like one moment he loved us and would have died for us and then the next thing you know he kicked us out and is hunting us.

Now that I think about it why would Luther be hunting us if he kicked us out in the first place? It didn't make sense. I thought about it again. When I thought back to the day that change the course of our lives I realized Elena was the one who came home upset and in tears yelling for me to hurry up and pack my bags. She told me that Luther wanted us out of the territory by morning. So I listened and we left. I never thought much about it again, until now.

What if Luther never wanted us to leave? And Elena was the one coming home telling me false facts just to follow her?

Now I was beyond pissed more like betrayed. Elena was one selfish son of a bitch! How could she do something so selfish? It wasn't in her personality to even think about something like this! I didn't understand, and now more than ever I was frustrated for not even thinking about this.

I could have been following her every order, leaving my pack that I was accepted into for no god damn reason but to listen to Elena. To have trusted her words! She was a liar and a good one at that.

A twig snapped in the distance and I thought nothing of it as it was probably Logan just snooping around. Wyatt did tell him to keep an eye out for me or any other rouge for that matter. It wasn't rouges that I was worried about any ways and I was pretty sure Wyatt was implying Leandor's scouts when he told Logan to keep an eye out.