Chapter Twenty-three: It hurt

My head was buzzing with confusion. Why Vincent was standing between Leandor and us was a question of itself. I looked over to Elena ready to bombard her with questions on how the hell she found me, and what she was smoking. Honestly I've never met someone so idiotic in my laugh! I thought she got the brains of the family?!

"Get out of my way Vincent!" Leandor growled lowly. He stormed down the steps eyeing Elena up along with me. He was still flaring with angry and now any wrong move with set flame to that increasing fury.

"No." Vincent growled back his back muscles tensing strongly. What was the matter with him?

I looked over at Elena. She was staring wide eyed still at Vincent. Her eyes drifted from blue to grey then black. Was that list I was seeing or was her wolf losing control? Wait wasn't she here for me?

I stood up slowly. The last thing I wanted was to bring attention to myself. Elena did the same and stood carefully still. She was still looking at Vincent with the up most admiration. It was almost intoxicating to watch.

"What did you say?" Leandor was now standing in front of Vincent at the bottom of the stair case. They were roughly the same size Vincent though was oddly enough more buffer than Leandor. Don't let that fool you though. I had no doubt Leandor had the upper hand.

"I said no. That's my mate you were about I attack and I won't let you come near her with any intention of hurting her." He seethed. Anyone could see he was fighting with his wolf. This was no joke.

"Mate?" I whisper to Elena shocked at what I heard. Do my ears deceive me? I hope so.

Elena nodded her head and my mouth dropped. This can't really be happening! This was insane! This can not be happening. Now.... out of all the time in the universe, the moon goddess picked now!!!!

"She is a rouge and rouges don't belong in my pack." Leandor said in a low threatening voice. His eyes weren't completely black but they weren't that bright forest green either.

"Mia was a rouge. How can you not except my mate?!" Vincent wasn't holding in his anger anymore. He was steaming with an uncontrollable anger. I could see it. I could see the seconds ticking until he lost it. "I'm am your beta and you are my alpha! You should know that denying me my mate and to our pack it against werewolf law!" He screamed at Leandor and that's when he snapped. Both of them snapped at the same time.

They both shifted. I was use to seeing Leandor's wolf and that midnight black coat but Vincent's was completely surprising. His fur coat was a thick mesmerizing mix of auburn and black. I've never seen a wolf's coat so vibrant as his, other than my own and Elena's.

They entrance area of the pack house was spacey and wide but with two large wolves in the middle was making the space constricted. My adrenaline was pumping as I looked at Elena. She was looking back at me franticly looking for a way out of this mess. I scanned the room. Finding the only way out was the front door behind me I yanked her arm to follow me.

We didn't get far before I was pulled by the collar of my shirt to the floor. I fell with an omph to the hard floor. I hissed out and rubbed my behind. I looked up and was greeted by Leandor's angry wolf in my face. He growled in my face, but that only made me narrow my eyes in irritation. I thought he would know better than to throw his mate around like a damn rag doll.

I heard a growl that wasn't Leandor's. I looked up and saw that Elena was pressed up against the door growling at Vincent that was standing there studying her. Yet, he wasn't just standing there he was also shoving her, with the end of his snout, away from the door.

"Mia we have to get going." Elena managed to say after she stopped growling. I stood up slowly. "I ran into Gregory and Rufus on my way here." I looked at her confused. The names sounded familiar but I didn't know how. Elena kept giving me a knowing look and all I could give in return was bemused expression.