Thirty-Six: The Unexpected

"What do you mean you can't just kick him out?!" I screamed at Leandor.

Leandor and I and along with my guards were in his office. I was fuming with anger as he tried to tell me that he wasn't allowed to kick Luther out of our pack boarders since it was a "tradition". He didn't want our pack to look anything less than inviting.

"Mia calm down. I'm upset just as much as you are." Leandor started saying. I growled at him. As if he knew how upset I was. "Don't you growl at me! I'm trying my best Mia for now I have people watching him 24/7. He won't come with in fifty feet of you."

"And what about Elena, or Vincent?! Who's protecting them? Who's protecting them from Luther's relentless pursuit for revenge? No one! That's right no fucking one!" I was losing my temperament and I was losing my patience. The more we waited to find Elena the more chances were risking to lose them both. "I need her back Leandor." My voice cracked with every word as I fought to contain my composure.

Frustrated I plopped down on a chair and stared at the ceiling. I could feel the awkwardness just radiating off the guards as the stood there listening. Talon in particular wasn't as awkwardly standing, that possibly was because of our conversation earlier.

'Mia maybe you should just let it go for tonight. The Alpha is upset with more than just Luther at the moment.' Talon said to me. I sighed trying to understand it all but my hatred was bleeding through.

'What could he possibly be upset with?!' I shouted back at him. 'You know what, never mind I just need to be left alone.'

I got up and walked out of the office. Leandor didn't say a word only waving off the guards to follow me. Talon sped up to my side. Kyle and Carter were a few steps behind us.

Storming up stairs I had to have looked childish stumping my feet the entire way up there. None of them said a word though. I didn't expect them too, they were only their to be intimidating to Luther and his pack.

"Mia!" I heard Leah shout from down the hallway. I looked over but ignored her. I didn't want to be bothered. Knowing this Talon stopped her telling her I wasn't feel up for anything right at the moment. That was putting it lightly.

I swung the door to my room open walking inside. I shut the door before any of them followed me inside. Even though Leandor made it perfectly clear that he didn't want any other male in the room with me, alone, Talon wouldn't think twice to following behind me.

The room was dark with an eerie feel to it. No one was inside but that didn't put my nerves to rest.

Too exhausted from the gathering and furious at Luther I stripped from the jeans and t-shirt that I had to change into since Leandor ruined the dress from earlier.

Throwing the clothes on a chair in the room and climbed into bed. Awaiting for the moment when Leandor would climb in right beside me. Though I was angry with him I still can't sleep peacefully without him beside me.

Soon though I was drifting into my thoughts deeper and deeper. Million miles into the depths of my own torturous thoughts. The bitter vengeful fury inside of me was hot enough to melt steel. It scared me because everything that burns must eventually turn cold. I had to learn to control myself or I'll turn as cold hearted as Leandor.

Calm down Mia. Happy thoughts, HAPPY THOUGHTS. Think about the happy things in life. Like little innocent Giselle. Her bounce blonde curly hair. Her mom Nina was just as innocent. That just reminded me of that weird vision thing I had the other day. I never told anyone about it and a doubt Nina said anything. I hope she hadn't.

Leandor had come to bed at some point last night but it had to have been late. He tried to be quiet but I was so on edge it awoken me from my sleep. Knowing it was him I didn't move and relaxed drifting back into sleep as he wrapped his arm around my side and took a deep inhale of my scent to calm his wolf.