Chapter Twenty-four: Destructive

"Where is she?!" 

Paula and I had just arrived back at the pack house. A crowd of peope were standing around in the back yard. The bright crescent moon was hanging high in the sky. It's illuminating light shinning bright enough to see everyone's uneasy faces.

"Shit." I whispered looking over at Paula. She gave me a nervous look. I took in a big breath of air readying myself for he worst and the worst I knew was to come. I couldn't expect anything else from Leandor. 

Making my way through the dense crowd I finally made it to the front. I was surprised that he wasn't there. Looking confused I realized that the yelling and smashing of objects was coming from inside the pack house. 

Great now I had to deal with a pissed off mate and explain to my new pack why their alpha was throwing a damn hissy fit. I was making him pay for everything he destroyed in the house -- more like mansion. 

Sliding the back door open I slide it closed to block out some of the noise from the pack. They shouldn't be hearing everything Leandor was doing. He was suppose to be cool and collected. Right now he was being anything, but collected. He was throwing a bigger tantrum than a five year that didn't get an ice cream.

I closed the mini-blinds to the sliding glass doors and walked into the living room. The once nice and decorative room was a shattered mess of wooden furniture and glass. How could one person be so destructive. I wasn't even gone that long!

"Mia!" I turned my head from the broken furniture to see Leah coming over to me in a hurry. She embraced me into a hug I wasn't ready for. "Thank goodness you're back." She then pulled away to look at me. "Nathan and Vincent are in the game room trying to calm Leandor down. Nothing is working." 

"Nothing ever works with that man." I said more to myself than to Leah. When I heard another smashing come from a room down the hallway Leah gave me an anxious expression. "I'll be back." 

I moved down the hallway until I found a room that smelt strongly of him. That Pumpkin spice smell never failed to keep be intoxicated and craving for more. I hesitated when I raised my hand to reach for the door knob. I licked my lips nervously and turned my head down the hall to see Leah nodding to the door. 

"Leandor relax she didn't go far. The patrol team didn't mind-link of any activity." I heard Nathan try and explain. 

"That doesn't mean shit anymore! Her sister got thought the boarder undetected. How do you or even I know that my mate isn't just as skilled?!" Leandor shouted angry and concerned. He wanted his mate back, his Luna, it made me feel good and wanted how ever selfish and petty it sounded. 

I smirked when he was mentioning how well my skills were at sneaking out of territories un-noticed. It was a quality few had. I was proud of it and embraced my talent.

I closed my eyes still unsure if I wanted to go in. What if he flips out on me? I don't want to get hurt, of worse I hurt him. Before I could talk myself out of it the door open a smug. It wasn't me who opened and it wasn't anyone from the other side neither. I looked next to me and Leah was there giving me a small innocent smile. 

I was about to ask her why the hell she did that until the door the room swung open and the mass I call my mate stood before me in the door frame. I closed my eye a few moments just realizing I had to face my fears, how ever small or big it may be. 

I reopened my eyes and slowly regarded the thing I was dreading to face. I put on a sheepish grin in an attempt in lightening the mood. As if he hadn't he even noticed my action he in-cased me into the tightest bone breaking hug. It was like he was afraid I was going to disappear right in front of him. I was ok with giving him a couple moments of closer for finally seeing me again, but when his embrace was beginning to stop the flow of blood to brain I tried to wiggle out of his grip.