Forty-Three: Now We Wait

It was almost time. Everyone could sense the tension in the air. Talon was nowhere to be seen. He must have been saying goodbye to his close friends that he may not see again.

I was trying to bare the reality of the situation. War was really upon us and there was nothing to stop it. This was inevitable.

We had a plan though on how to end it or at least save Elena. Elena wasn't going to die in this war. She couldn't. I wouldn't let that happen.

'Can you feel her?' I asked my wolf.

She shook her head.

I sighed and went into the bathroom to brush my teeth. It was the first time that my skin looked normal. With all the stress I would have thought that it would look pale.

"Is there something that you want to tell me, Mia?" It was Leandor's voice. I looked over to the doorway of the bathroom, where he was leaning against the doorframe. His dark brown hair and green eyes were studying my every move.

"No why?" I said perplexed.

Leandor sniffed the air. His eyes were closed and then he suddenly opened them to reveal they were black.

"Leandor what could you possibly think I'm hiding?" I asked him getting annoyed now. This man didn't want to talk to me earlier this morning now all of a sudden you want my attention?

"You can't tell?" Leandor said looked a little concerned.

"Can I tell what?" I shouted getting frustrated. There was no time for this he should be taking care of his pack and getting ready. What was he doing playing games with me?

"Mia you're pregnant."

I slowly gazed up at him. He was lying. There was no way, but yet we were less than careful not to.

"You can smell it can't you?" I said looking down at my stomach.

He nodded. He approached me a little more, resting his hands on either side of my midriff. His thumbs grazing over my skin.

Should have used protection, Mia. My wolf decided to say nothing less but excited.

Since when are you excited for pups? She didn't say anything back. It was no secret she was aching for a litter of little pups that were replicas of Leandor and me.

"Mia?" Leandor called out. He looked concerned seeing that I was daydreaming. "What are you thinking?"

"Jesus... I don't know." I muttered sliding his hand off my body and walking over to the bed. "The fact that we have a war about to start and your swimmers decided to work."

"My swimmers?" Leandor's face showed disgust and confusion.

"Yes, Leandor you're swimmers.... sperm?" I said placing my hands on my hips. "You know that's what comes out when-"

"Alright, alright Mia!" He looked exasperated leaning up against the bathroom door frame. "You know what this means." He said sounding like a teacher explaining rules to a kindergartener.

"There's something living inside me," I said looking up. I was shocked. "But I don't feel any different. I don't smell any different."

"You won't. In fact, I don't think anyone else in the pack can smell that you are. It's something only a mate can smell. In a couple months, you'll start to show though and everyone will know." Leandor looked at me nervously. His pupils a black abyss.

"That's our baby." He muttered his lips creeping up into a smile. Leandor moved over to me and pushed me back on to my back. His hand caressed down my side to my belly.