Chapter Fifteen: A Challenge

Wyatt and Elena left me be for a couple minutes so I could clear up the cloud that was fogging my head up since last night. I tried in desperation to piece together the puzzle of last night. For the life of me all I could recall was confetti. I don't know why, but that word alone was the only thing I remember from last night.

Shaking my head to get rid of my thoughts I got up to go down stairs. The smell of freshly cooked food was easily smelt and just as easily smelt as heard were the voices emanating down stairs. It was Wyatt and a girl. It wasn't Elena's voice that only left the girl with the red hair.

I took a few more steps down the stair case to listen closely.

"She's going to cause trouble Wyatt can't you see that?!" Her voice was a harsh. She was upset, it was clear, but about what? Elena? Why would Elena cause trouble? Out of everyone in the world I think Elena would be the last person to cause problems.

"Your wrong about her Robin. She'd never cause trouble on purpose." Wyatt tried reassuring her. Robin groaned and I heard her move around.

"That's the problem Wyatt. Yes, sure Mia wouldn't cause trouble on purpose but she will cause problems for us. All she'd have to do is walk on the wrong street at the wrong time and one of Leandor's pack trackers will sniff her out and along with her scent will be ours. We'll get the shit end of the stick Wyatt!" Robin yelled back at him. She was frustrated and Wyatt was some how keeping his cool.

I've noticed that Wyatt had a very rare skill of keeping his cool in difficult environments. I don't think I held such self control with my emotions. I could be a hot head at times.

"Robin you're just upset. Relax, I doubt it that Leandor's trackers will come out this far and if they do we'll handle them just like we did with the vampires. We won't have an problems with them.." His smooth voice told her.

My stomach began to unsettle while he spoke of Leandor and handling his pack members. If Leandor finds out I was involved in the killing of one of his pack members, what will he think of me if I allowed my friends to wipe out more of his pack. And to think that it would all be because of me and my selfishness.

"Do you honestly think it'll be that easy?" Robin asked still clearly distressed. Something about this topic was personal to her, I could tell. "Leandor is her mate and not to mention the alpha of the largest packs and strongest by far. The moment he sees her all hell will break loss and nothing will stop him."

"Robin he's not going to get that close to see or smell her. I'll make sure of it." Wyatt insisted to her. Robins feelings could be sensed in the air and I didn't even need to be in the same room to know that she was unmoved by his words.

"Oh really? You're going to make sure of it?" She said sarcastically. A growl broke out in the air and my breath hitched listening to it. "Really Wyatt? Don't think I haven't noticed the way you look at her! It's written all over your face, from the way you look at her to the way you act. For Christ's sake you cooked breakfast for her the other day and you never cook!" She yelled with irritation in her voice.

"Don't disrespect me Robin! I don't like her that way we are friends that is all. I saved her life alright, nothing else. And even if I did like her what does it matter to you? Huh?!"

"That's it!" Something slammed on the counter top in the kitchen. Startling me I jumped back from the stairs. "You don't want to listen to me then fine so be it!"

I sucked in my breath and tried to act like I was just coming down stairs. Robin came storming out of the kitchen. She was heading straight for me but she ignored me, heading off in the other direction. Stumping herself up the stairs she slammed her bedroom door. I furrowed my eyebrows confused a little before heading to the kitchen.