*Chapter Fourteen: A little to much to drink

The music rang around the close quarters of the club. The smell of spicy cologne flowed in the air leaving a semi pleasant smell.

Sitting in a booth Wyatt sat down across from me. He smiled happily as he saw that I was so indulged in the things around me. I gave him a nervous smile.

"What's wrong? You don't like it?" He asked with a frown on his face. I had to admit to myself that Wyatt wasn't that bad looking, and from the looks many of the other girls in the club were giving him, I wasn't the only one noticing. His sleek black hair fell just beneath his ears and with his studded piercings, he was something to look at.

"What? No I do! t's just...won't the security know I'm under twenty-one? I'll get carded." I reminded him. He just waved his hand and excused the issue.

"Not here they won't. I'm friends with the owner. If we have any problems I'll just tell him and it won't happen again." Wyatt told me. I was shocked and I think he saw it on my face because he chuckled in response as a waitress approached the booth. Her short blonde hair framed her face perfectly and her pearly white teeth added to her perfect features.

"Can I get you anything?" She asked, getting a paper pad out.

"Just a couple beers and that'll be it for me." Said Wyatt. Looking at me, he continued the order, "And for the lady she'll have....well," He paused, looking to me with a thoughtful face. "What would you like to drink?"

I gave him a puzzled and unsure look. I've never had anything alcoholic in my life before, so I had no clue. I shrugged my shoulders at them both. The waitress gave me an irritated face that made my face flush with embarrassment. I was eighteen for crying out loud, give me a damn break!

"How about a few mixed drinks and a bottle of wine." Wyatt ordered for me. She wrote down the exact names of the beverages before departing. I shifted in my seat, unsettled with the stares that followed both Wyatt and I. It was like we were artefacts in a museum display case. I couldn't escape their eyes.

"What's the matter with you?" Wyatt's voice cut through the buzzing air. I snapped my focus back to him where he was leaning back on the plush booth seat. His arms were resting on the backs of the seat. He looked way too comfortable, and it seemed like he came here often to feel this relaxed.

"Nothing...I'm just...I don't know. I just don't know what to do with myself." I admitted as the waitress came back with a tray full of alcohol. I could smell it even before Wyatt opened a bottle. "You know we can't get drunk." I reminded him. He shrugged his shoulders without a care in the world, taking a sip and gulping it down.

"So? Still like the taste." He explained, to which I scrunched up my nose, not appealing to the smell of the beer.

I picked up a glass that was filled with a greenish pale color and ice cubes. There was a lemon slice on the edge of the glass next to a lime. Taking a sip, I was surprised with how strong it was, and not just that but also how well it tastes. It was like a drug or something 'cause I couldn't seem to get enough of it.

It was about my eighth drink in when my favorite song came on.

The lights are shining like the sun out tonight
Just keep your body moving how I like
Oh, yeah the music feels like paradise
Can't get any better, no.

"I love this song!" I shouted over the blaring music. I smiled widely and stood up with a slight wobble in my steps. "I'm gonna dance." I told Wyatt, making my way to the dance floor.

I wanna stay right in this moment for life
Baby, treat me wrong, treat me right

Ay ay ay, aye
Just can't stop dancing
Ay ay ay, aye
Don't wanna change it
So don't let go, let go of me
Don't let go, let go of me
Ay ay ay, aye
I just can't stop dancing