*Chapter Ten: Just When You Think

"Mia." An annoying voice spoke but I blocked it out allowing the silence between my ears to calm my wracked nerves. I had killed that man back there... without mercy. What if he had a mate? What would she say? What would she think?! "Mia." I'm a complete and utter, hideous monster. I should be wiped clean from the earth. "Mia!" I'm worse than Leandor. Oh. My. God. I'm worse than Leandor! "God damn it! Snap out of it Mia!"

Whack!

I was knocked out of my thoughts and into the real world where I was miles from Leandor's territory and back on the run. The welcoming smell of pine and water filled my nostrils. Yet, I couldn't quite enjoy it with my head spinning.

I looked up holding my head, at Elena. She was scowling but I didn't miss the concern in her face. She was always a little rough around the edges but Elena always meant well. Deep down she was the kindest person you could meet. She never left anyone behind that she wanted and needed. No matter what.

"You ok?" She finally asked stepping towards me. I nodded my head but even that little movement sent my mind on a swirling adventure of nausea. I was ready to puke, though I didn't allow myself to. Holding the urge back with all I had I took in her appearance.

She was fully healed by now. We were now on the run for five hours now. The sun was still high in the sky. Elena's medium length hair was draped nicely over her shoulders in a blonde waterfall. Her blue eyes were looking over me sheepishly. Every once in a while she'll look over her shoulder, scared that something would pop out of no where. She was never like that before, not even when the Vampires were right on my heels. I also didn't miss the jumpiness she possessed now. I wanted to re-kill that bastard of a guard for touching her.

How could someone rape her? She was tied down to, for crying out loud! Like he wasn't strong enough to pin her down anyways. Why the hell would he go after a defenceless women like Elena!? It's digusting to even think about, makes my skin crawl.

Then this bring up another topic. Why couldn't I feel Elena's pain when she had the silver shackles on her wrists. I should have been able to feel it, but I couldn't. Why? It doesn't make any sense and that pisses me off. I should have felt the pain the moment it happened.

Though I wouldn't have been able to notice when she was being raped, no offense thank god for that, I should have felt the silver digging into her skin.

"Mia!" My head shot up and I instantly regret it when it spun in a sickening feeling. "Answer me." She demanded when I looked up at her.

"Yes!" I said through gritted teeth. A ringing was heard in the back of my head and it was causing me to wince every so often. How hard did she hit me JESUS! I couldn't help myself when I thought back to the guy I killed. I was a murderer, a killer, a monster. I was a fucking monster. Anyone would agree I know it. "I killed him Elena." I whispered catching her attention. Her eyes looked at me calculating. She looked unsure on how to answer or what to even say to me. I couldn't imagine her to have anything to say other then agree that I was what mother always said one of us would become.

I was a killer. I'm turning into a dark wolf. It hurt to know I was monster to be feared I didn't want to be feared. I was basically reduced to a rouge now. I'm no better than the animalistic rouges out here that could be watching us at this very moment.

As if reading my mind Elena looked around with a nervous aura and then to me. "We have to keep moving. We're in Blood Moon Pack's territory. They don't need anything more to deal with other than their nonsensical rivalry with Black Nova Pack." Elena explained climbing up a steep ledge, I following close behind her. "Honestly I don't understand why backs have these rivalries. They are stupid and demeaning. Really what kind of message are you sending with all these battles and wars? Violence is so brutal and horrid."