Chapter Twenty-One: Innocence

The barbecue was set up in the backyard of the pack house. There was so many members of this pack. Comparatively speaking, Leandor's pack was twice, probably even three times the size of my last pack.

Some of the pack members I had remembered seeing earlier. Some of them were scowling at me and others were smirking. I was confused at first then remembered beating up that guy, Justin.

He deserved what he had coming to him. I really had to speak to Leandor about his pack members' respect for females. Girls are equally strong as men if no then we are smarter for the most part.

A tug on my hand had me out of my thoughts. I looked up to see Leandor pulling me towards him giving me a concerned look.

"Is this all to much for you?" He asked genuinely worried. It was a surprise twist since all he was doing was being a complete ass to me. Caught off guard I tried to respond.

"Yea," His face fell and I realized I said the wrong thing. Realizing his I was quick to reply. "I mean no I'm fine I was just thinking." I smiled sheepishly and his lips twitched up into a smile.

"I can't wait to mark you so I can peek around that tiny little beautiful mind of yours." He whispered into my ear. I fought back the shiver of pleasure that dared to show its self.

Wait! Did he just call me stupid?

As if realizing Leandor chuckled and pulled me along to meet other people. Everyone was so thrilled to be finally meeting there soon to be Luna. I had to put on a fake welcoming smile though inside I felt broken and torn. I wondered if Leandor knew how much this really bothered me.

About a half hour into meeting the members of the pack, my heart had a stuttered to it and my wolf started running around frantic in my head. It only did this when something bad was going to happen. It was like a sixth sense having a wolf.

I immediately perked up and shifted my hearing to my wolf's even my eye sight to a sharper lens. Scanning the perimeter I couldn't find anything. I would sniff the air but that would do nothing seek as I could easily mix the pack's scent with anything dangerous. I tried to put this feeling to the back of my head.

"I want you to meet my parents." Leandor spoke up. I snapped out of trans and gazed up at him. He was so eager to show me off it was actually scary to watch.

"They'll hate me!" I said tugging my hand from his. Leandor grower and snaked his arm around my waist pulling me him.

"Don't pull away from me again. Not in front of everyone." He hissed under his breath. I glared up at him and I could have sworn I heard someone say 'He ain't getting any tonight'. How more right they could be. And as if I would ever give him any in the first place. "And why would they hate you?"

"Because I ran away from you!" I shot back. He rolled his eyes childishly. I've never seen an alpha so open with his emotions. What was this Hocus Pocus shit?

"You really think I'd let that stunt slip out to all my pack? I don't want my pack to think their Luna will walk away from them." Leandor explained like it was no big deal. "No one knows about what you did besides the scouting group that were with Nathan and I. Nobody other than Vincent too, knows about your stunt."

His cool breath tickled my ear and I involuntarily strained my neck muscles in reaction.

No one knows what a mate can truly do to you until you actually meet them. As much as I tried by to enjoy my time with the bastard I started fall for him hard. Yet, everything that falls breaks.

I wanted to level the subject alone but the body of the man I killed was still sitting in the back of my head. I had to ask him about that. As much as it sickened me to know I was to blame for his death I still wanted to now what the out come was after I escaped.