Chapter Thirty: Such a distraction

"No sign of them still?" I heard Leandor's distinct voice reverberate from outside our room. I groaned and rolled over covering my head with the silk covered pillow. I clutched the blanket tighter around my bodice. I was shaking with coldness.

Did Leandor turn the temperature up or something? Was he trying to freeze me or something?!

"What do you mean they can't be tracked?!" Leandor's voice this time was louder and I grunted annoyed. Whatever this person he was talking to was saying was pissing him off. Big time. "I don't care! F- Just do it! Nathan it's either- good, call me when you have something."

By the time Leandor opened the door to our room I was already sitting up. My legs were dangling over edge. Goose bumps raised up on my skin I shivered unintentionally, which made Leandor hurry over to me.

"You are going to get a cold." He said as if werewolves could catch such a thing. I furrowed my eyebrows at him not understanding his behavior. He draped that blanket over my shoulder, but I shrugged it off making him frown. What? Did he honestly believe that a freak'n blanket was going to do something? The only thing that would make me feel better would be if Elena was standing next to me without a scratch on her. But we can't all get what we want.

"They haven't found Elena or Vincent yet have they?" I whispered my voice didn't even sound like my own. The raspy crack in every word I said was a dead give I was weak. Leandor's frown grew longer with every word I spoke, if that were even possible. He shook his head and sat next to me. "Was that Nathan, you were talking to?" I already knew the answer but I had to ask.

"Yea." He answered, the bags under his eyes were dark with the indication he hadn't really slept last night.

"Did you sleep at all last night?" I asked. I couldn't help but keep wondering if I had something to do with his lack of sleep.

Of course you are the reason why! Open your damn eyes Mia you are always to blame for his pain, anger, everything in general. You are to blame for a lot of things and his lack of sleep is one of them, right now.

My self conscious kept talking in my head for so long that I hadn't even noticed that Leandor was kneeling between my legs. His big, long muscular arms were placed on either side of me. This gave way to a feeling of security I could not have with any other person.

Why is it all of a sudden I have been associating myself as his? As Leandor's? For so long I've been fighting this feeling of connection and then the moment my sister disappears I'm falling willingly into this bastards arms. But is it such a bad thing?

"Don't worry about my I'll be just fine. It's you that I'm worried about right now." He answered raising his hand to my face cupping it perfectly. I unintentionally leaned into his touch. It soothed my nerves and temporarily left me with no thought or worry about Elena missing or Vincent. I know that sounds so mean but I really need a moment with out stress. "You had my worried sick last night."

"It was that bad... was it?" I asked trying to joke but the serious look Leandor gave me made my smile go away.

"You were running a fever, Mia and shaking all night long."

So I was to blame for his lack of sleep. I felt horrible when he said that. He most have noticed my face drop because he leaned in and kissed the top of my head making my heart rate speed up and my cheeks to blush.

"Don't feel bad." He said resting his chin on the top of my head. "You are worth the only two hours of sleep I got. You have no idea how worried sick I actually was."

I chuckled a little at how absolutely adorable he was being. Like being smacked in the face with a cement brick I thought about how weird it actually is that Leandor could have a soft side. He always seemed to cruel, brutal, aggressive, violent and overall... Ruthless.