Thirty-Three: Go against everything

The door slammed shut and I heard a crack sound. I remained still to scared to move. I swallowed in fear tying desperately to keep from making unnecessary movement. Maybe if I stayed still enough he's leave me alone.

I moved my head just the slightest bit to hide beneath the Cotten sheet that was laying over my body. I made myself slow down my breathing to seem as though I really was fast asleep.

The thunderous footsteps of my mate though were loud as they approached my sleeping form on the sofa.

May the moon goddess have mercy on me, for my mate is bonkers in the brain.

Seriously Mia? Now isn't the time for this playing around. My subconscious scolded me. it was right after all. Leandor was one thread away from breaking this whole house down and burning it to the ground.

His harsh breathing was heard and then I felt his presence just in front of my face. He was just standing there studying me like I was his prey. He was the beast and I was the food he was so hungry to rip apart.

His raspy breath fanned my face as I sensed him lower his body down and his fingertips tickled my skin along my chin. It took all my self control not to move. I had to act like I was asleep. This was a mere impossible task.

A growl came from Leandor when I moved a little into his touch and then there was a sigh of relief that escaped his lips.

"When will you ever learn?" He asked himself unaware that I was still awake. Last time he thought I was asleep and wasn't he confessed his love for me. What if he does something else like that again? As if reading my mind or something I felt his lips press against my cheek softly at first. As he trailed his lips around my skin it soon turned from gentle to rough desire driven kisses. I didn't know what I could do!

Do I act like I am waking up or do I just lay there like a limp piece of noodle? Right now would be a very good time for someone to barge into the room. Nope, like I said I'm not that lucky, not ever in my pathetic life. I inched my eyes open just the slightest bit to look at Leandor.

His eyes were closed as he seemed to be devouring my face. Thinking over the list of things I could do to get him to stop I settled for the casual waking up confused act.

I yawned loudly and stretch arching my back and pushing Leandor away. He growled louder and that's when I opened my eyes as if shocked by his sound.

I looked up at his green eyes to see his scowl of disapproval already forming. I swallowed anxiously waiting for his screaming to beginning. When silence overwhelmed the room I furrowed my eyebrows together. Why wasn't he flipping out? Where was all the yelling? The violence, the aggressive nature Leandor was programmed with? Who kidnapped my mate and replaced him as a civil person?!

I should have spoken so soon because soon enough Leandor had a death grip around my upper arms and pulled me to a sitting position in minutes. My eyes grew wide with fear as I awaited the beast to unleash his fury of a thousand angry men.

It never happened though. I ended up breaking the silence first.

"I-I'm sorry I didn't mean to disobey-"

"Don't even try and apologize Mia. I gave you my trust that you'd stay home. How hard is it for you to listen to a simple rule and it wasn't even a rule it was more to just keep you safe! And to manipulate my guards I have posted to keep you safe- Why are you so naïve?!" Leandor yelled at me tossing me away from him and into the sofa. I gasped at the sudden action and blinked shocked. I shouldn't have been.

"What happened to Logan?" I fixed myself up and stood in front of him. "What did you do to him?"

"What did I do? What did I do?!" Leandor pointed his finger at me towering over my figure to make sure he knew he was dominate. I narrowed my eyes at his display. "I did what any alpha would have done to a rouge that runs from his pack like a coward! You and I both know his blood contains that of a ranking wolf which makes his punishment that much more ruthless."