*Chapter Seventeen: That bastard didn't deserve to live

The beeping of machines continually going off irritated the headache I was having. It beeped every second or so it seemed, in a perpetual rhyme. It was only when I attempted to move did it speed up.

When I did move all of the thoughts about the annoying sounds went out the window when a searing pain shot up from my chest. I gasped and snapped my eyes open. I looked around the room and noticed the bright white walls. There was a tv in front of me hanging from the wall and a small sofa placed beside the bed.

On the sofa was a mess of sheets and pillows, like someone had been laying on it. Who? I don't know but I contemplated on whether or not I should even move.

God! I wish I had a mind link with Elena!

I peered around the room. It didn't help the pain that grew in my chest at that simple movement. I groaned and attempted in sitting up. It was then and only then that the door to the room burst open did I stop moving.

I snapped my gaze to whoever just walked in. It was no surprise that it was Leandor, but he wasn't alone. He also had another man with him. A man about his mid forties. His pepper salt like hair shined in the sun rays that escaped past the blinds of the hospital room. But it wasn't really the older male that caught my attention it was Leandor. Why? Because he was wearing.... glasses.

I don't know if it was just me or my wolf but something about him wearing those glasses was turning me on.

"You're awake." Leandor said coming over to the side of the bed. I clutched the white Cotton blanket to my chest and moved away from him. He frowned but didn't try to get any closer to me.

"Hello my names Bradley Jones." The other guy said extending his hand out. "I'm the field medic." He explained. I just stared at his hand suspiciously. When I didn't attempt to shake it he dropped it by his side.

"Why am I here?" I asked with a crudeness to my tone. Leandor narrowed his green eyes at me and I did the same back.

"Because you're finally safe." Was all I got from Leandor. I rolled my eyes.

"Safe." I huffed. "I wouldn't exactly call this safe when you're the only person that ever hurt me!" I shouted. I was lying straight through me teeth but he didn't know that.

Leandor growled in disapproval. "I told you that'd never happen again."

"And I'm just supposed to believe that shit?" I asked accusingly. "Who do you take me for?"

"My mate." He blurted out. It was uncalled for what he just blurted out and I sat there stunned. I didn't know what to do.

Taking advantage of my shocked state the doctor grabbed my wrist. I went to yank away from him and hissed out when a searing jolt of pain came from my chest.

"Stop moving." Leandor told me. Easier said than done pal, I wanted to say. I was too much in pain to say anything. And they both benefited from that when Bradley turned my arm over and brought a needle out of his pocket. I tried wiggling out of his grasp but it was no use.

He pierced the skin were my arm bent and began taking blood. The dark almost black liquid filled the vile of the tube.

He snapped the vile off and looked at the tube of reddish black blood.

"This should be good enough. I'll be back in a few hours with the results." He told us leaving the room.

"Results for what?" I snapped looking to Leandor and watching the pierced skin heal. I laid back down, now more tired than I was before. Leandor sat down on the sofa looking at me intently.