*Chapter Thirteen: Simple Kindness

"You sure you're up for moving around?" Elena asked. I rolled my eyes at her concern. She was babying me again. She is the older sister after all, but seriously? She smothering me like a three year old kid.

Elena has been trying to convince me that I'm not well enough to stand, sit, or even open my eyes. She's trying to get me to stay in my bed and sleep. No offense but I've been out for a day and a half, I think I slept enough. Just saying.

"For the billionth time Elena I'm perfectly fine!" I said scowling irritated she'd kept pressing on the slimiest possibility that I was ill still. She just didn't know when to stop worrying.

Elena flinched back at my tone and gave me a look of fear for a split second. Wyatt smirked out the corner of my eye. I ignored the urge to slap him for taking thrill and amusement in our bickering.

"Better listen to her or she'll end up hurting herself more than you Elena." Wyatt put in crossing his arms and standing up to move in front of where I sat. I looked up at him and to his brown eyes. They were very vibrant for just being brown eyes. It was a strange sight.

"Excuse me?" I said giving him a daring look. "I think I can take care of myself thank you very much."

Wyatt grinned amused at my notion of superiority. I was lacking in a lot right now but my big mouth never failed me. I forced myself to stand up and I did well, that was, for a couple second before I lost balance and stumbled into Elena.

She caught me and grunted when the force of my body hit hers. "Jesus Mia what are you eating?" She joked laughing. I groaned annoyed with her stupid joke. I narrowed my eyes at her as she just stared at me with her pleasant goofy smile. Elena always had that effect on people, to be able to make anyone's day brighter by just her smile. I, didn't have that brightness in me.

"Let me go you mutt." I said shaking her off of me. I grabbed the edge of the bed to keep from falling down.

"Me? A mutt? You were the runt!" She shouted back.

"Was not!"

"We're too!" She screamed. This was turning into a god damn argument I'd rather not have here nor in front of people I didn't know. The rushing foot steps came running down the hallway outside the room. Wyatt was too busy laughing to even hear.

I stiffened as the same two guys from earlier came running in. Beside them was a women a little older than Elena I presumed. She had natural red hair with green forest eyes. Her high cheek bones and long legs gave her the perfect look. Just because I said perfect look didn't mean that, that's all I noticed because it wasn't. She also had a deathly harsh look to her that made your skin crawl.

"Are you ok Wyatt? We thought they-" The younger of the two guys said looking alert.

Wyatt forced himself to stop laughing but he was still snickering under his breath. I could hear it and I gave him a deathly glare to shut up.

"Yes, Logan everything is ok." Wyatt explained smirking, amusedly.

"But I-" Logan began trying to tell Wyatt that they were only worrying about him. What rouge actually worries about one another? Honestly shouldn't it be the other way around?

"Logan I'm fine see? Not a scratch on me. Stop being a child and make sure Kyle and Wilson aren't running late yet." Wyatt ordered him. Logan hesitated at first but one look from Wyatt and he was hot on his heels out of the room. This only left the red headed girl that was not too kindly inspecting me and the taller brown haired guy I forgot the name to. I think it had something to do with a barn.

"So Mia you hungry for anything?" Wyatt asked turning towards the door. He was sill facing us. Putting one hand up the two other left the room no words spoken in response.