Chapter 57

1 year later, 3 days before Natsu comes back.

" Sting said he wished he could come but he was stuck with paperwork. " Rouge held onto my hand and led me towards the park, Frosch was happily following along with Myles beside him. April had decided to have a small girl shopping day with Yukino and Minerva which I happily sent her off with a big bag of jewels. I wish Sting could come as well, it would be fun to have a date between us three but today was a day the paperwork had piled up. We walked down a small hill, our hands still interlocked. Sat at the end of the hill was a huge pond with a small rowboat parked on the side.

" Come on. " He smiled over at me and led me towards the docked boat. " You're taking me on a boat ride? Won't we get sick? " I asked, it looked fun but I didn't feel like getting a stomach ache today. " This boat has magic on it to help us, I wanted this to be the place where I told you, you were my mate but things didn't go as planned. " I smiled, he took my hand and helped me climb into the boat, I grabbed the two exceeds and lifted them into the boat. Rouge had put his hair into a small ponytail, which I happened to very much like, and push the boat into the water, he grabbed the paddles and quickly climbed inside. " It's so beautiful. " The lake was shining today, the sun was gleaming over it and brightening up the water around us.

" Fro thinks so too! " I looked down and smiled at the exceed who was happily looked over the boat with his paws on the side to steady his body. " Careful Frosch you'll fall in. " Frosch had leaned over the side a bit too far and almost fell into the water, I quickly grabbed him before he could and sat him in my lap. He happily got comfy and looked over the lake in awe. I smiled and ran my hand over his head.

" Can I sit on your lap too? " Myles looked up at me from his spot in the boat. I smiled and scooted Frosch over to invite Myles on my lap. " Look at the ducks! " Myles yelled, he pointed towards the group of ducks just hanging out in the pond. " I brought bread. " Rouge said happily, he pulled out a small bag of bread and handed each of us a piece. We were floating off to the center of the pond, closer to the ducks who were scared by our small transportation. Frosch was the first to happily throw a small piece of bread at the ducks, he watched in awe as the ducks fought over the small piece. Myles followed after, a wide grin spread across his face as a duck swam over to the floating piece of bread and pluked it out of the lake.

Suddenly a bee, a big bumblebee had flew right in front of my face. I had gasped and tried to swat away the insect, the boat had rocked in response. " Hey don't rock it so much. " I squealed and tried to swat away the bug that somehow liked my face all too much. The bee had continued to fly around my head, the boat was rocking from the intense movements.

I was fighting with the insect for a good few minutes, the exceeds were trying to move away from the bee in fear. While doing so the boat was rocking side to side. " Y/n. " Rouge warned. I yelped once the bee got too close to my face and swatted my hand harshly, the boat had rocked too far and tipped over. I gasped and let the water evolve all around me, the four of us yelled as we fell into the water and scared away the ducks around us. Frosch was trying to stay above surface while Myles had crawled onto my shoulder and shook off the water.

I used my magic to get us back to land, the boat washing up on shore as us four sat on the grass drenched from head to toe. " I didn't know you were afraid of bees. " Rouge muttered as he wiped his eyes. " I'm sorry. " I muttered back.

" Rouge my frog is wet~ " Frosch had wined, Rouge looked down at his best friend and smiled. He helped Frosch pull down the frog hood, Frosch shaking off the water in response. " It's okay. " Rouge scooted beside me, we stared off into the lake. The sky begining to set and lifting off a beautiful orange glow. " I ruined our date. " I frowned and looked back at Rouge. I shivered and hugged myself. Rouge frowned and moved closer, wrapping a hand around his mates shoulder and guiding her to lean against his side. His body had began to heat up, she hummed and snuggled into his warm side.

Dragons will physically heat their bodies to please their mate.

Suddenly Rouge reached into his cape, pulling out a small black box. Y/n had slowly opened her eyes and looked up at her mate. " Me and Sting got you this. " Rouge had said, she turned her head to look at the box sitting in his hand. " Rouge... "

" Were not proposing. Not today anyways. It's a promise ring. A promise that we'll be together forever, that we'll be the best mates we can be, that we'll be by your side no matter what. That we'll be there whenever you need us. A promise from us to you that one day, we'll be able to call you our wife. We love you and we want to promise that we'll be the best husbands we can be. " She looked up at Rouge with glossy eyes, he opened the small box and she litterally froze.

That ring.
It was the one future Rouge had left her.
But it looked new.

" Rouge.. "
" Take it, please. "

She hesitantly held her hand out, Rouge had plucked the ring from the case and slowly dragged it on her finger. " I love you. " She muttered, she looked up at him and smiled.
" I love you too. " The two sat in silence, Y/N was admiring her ring while the sun set around them. Though they were drenched and uncomfortable, this was a date they could never forget. " This was the best date we've ever had. " Rouge said, he looked down at his future wife and kissed the top of her head.

That was how Y/N earned the name Bee. Rouge would only name her somthing he treasured dearly. That little Bee had turned his day into something he couldn't forget.

That's the end of this chapter!
Hope you loved it! I had so much fun writing it!
Bye my Unicorns XOXO